Ever See Donkeys in with Livestock?

I had a 1/4 horse that hated dogs, coyotes etc. I buried a few when I showed in morning to feed. Gentle horse otherwise. Just like being a flamingo dancer at times. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I had a double registered Quarter Horse/Palamino that hated dogs/yotes. I had a Britney Puppy training for bird hunting and she went into the field with my horse and that horse ran her down and stomped her. Luckily I ran in and chased the horse away. The pup had a broken leg. I had to get a new cast on her leg every couple of weeks.
We have a lot of Yotes where we live and had goats but the yotes never came around. I guess because we had Samson a Bernese Mountain Dog and now we have Cassie a Great Pyrenees and Maximus a BMD.
Always wanted to get a Donkey. We are down to only one goat now so still might get a Donkey.

My mule was hard on canines, coyotes, and healer dogs wouldn't come close. However, I'm not sure how they do against wolves, having seen the damage they do at times to donkeys.

Disclaimer this particular mule grabbed a goat, and tossed it into the side of the barn.
Sounds like that mule was just an a-hole...

Years ago there was a horse farm I used to hunt small game on.. They kept a donkey in with the horses for protection.. that donkey would ignore just about everybody except this one guy for some unknown reason.. If he stepped over that fence into that field that donkey would chase him up a tree so fast you couldn't believe it.. While he pretty much ignored the rest of us.. hilarious.