looking at buying a Suregon 6.5 Greedmore

LennyITI

I have a 7 mag Best of The west rifle now and I Love it. I have been shooting it a lot and shooting some long range tactical matches with it and have got bitten by the bug. I am now looking at buying a surgeon 6.5 Greedmore for my competition shooting instead of using my hunting gun. Is there any big draw backs from going that way? I shot my friends surgeon 308 and liked the follow thru with smaller bore gun than my mag. I will allways still use my BOTW for my long range hunting gun, so I am just looking for a rifle that I can use to make 10 round shots quickly from 400 to 1000 yards with. Is there any reason not to buy this? Please no response from any old virgin sitting in their mothers basement who has never shot long distance... LOL:)

I have a Surgeon action .308 and love it . And I think you meant 6.5 Creedmoor and must made a spelling mistake. Otherwise I'm just walking into your punchline....

Are you thinking of buying a full Surgeon build like a Scalpel? If you have an extra $6k laying around this would be a heck of a rifle. Last week there was a Surgeon Scalpel in .260 that was ready to ship on Surgeon's website. There is very little difference between the Creedmoor and the .260.

Or are you going to base a custom build off of a Surgeon 591 action? This was the route I went and I've thought about having a gunsmith make a 6.5 Creedmoor switchbarrel for the rifle in order to take advantage of the great 6.5 mm projectiles and less recoil.

The wait on a surgeon action right now is just about forever plus ten weeks!

Good luck and update us on your plans.

Sorry that was my mistake on spelling. I did just conformation for my order of the surgeon scalpel. I should have it next month along with a Schmidt Bender PMll scope. I hope my idea of buy once cry once holds true for this package.

We must be twins separated at birth. I have been looking at their website as well but considering the 260 and as you say, cry once buy once. I am still on hold but it does seem to me it might be a good idea if you don't have a very good gunsmith already lined up that you trust.

Please keep us posted how it turns out.

I just looked at it again, the 260 with the A-5 is calling my name.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts