Long range hunting scope

I'll throw in a Sightron 10-50 x 60 or a 8-32 x 56. Around the $1000 Mark and great Japanese glass. I use the former and a 60mm objective let's in a lot of light. I have the MOA reticle style and the lines are nice and thin with a great sight picture. Not a light weight addition to your rifle but in this class of scope it's pretty typical. They have an illuminated reticle version if you like that. Their high end SVT version is nice with good reviews but is around the $2500 mark. That said a sponsoring custom builder on this site has a Sightron 8-32 atop his too Cheytac FWIW. Saves a bit of money and frees up cash for quality reloading dies and supplies. Might not be a bad route to take. Good luck .

I've been in the same boat. I wanted a few things, SFP, 30mm, Illum, big objective, capped windage, zero stops, medium price range. Here's what I came up with:

Sig Whiskey 5 3-15x52. It has all these features for $1,100
vx5hd 3-15x56. Also has all the features for $1,100
NF SHV 5-20x56. More power than I wanted but the less powerful SFP doesn't have zero stops.
Monarch 7 3-12x56. It has a zerostop, only if you use the XR ballistic turret (that's my understanding so far), little less power than I wanted and they are $1,000

All said and done, i'm leaning towards the VX5 because I wasn't that impressed with the glass of the sig and nf, not the turrets on the sig.

I've been in the same boat. I wanted a few things, SFP, 30mm, Illum, big objective, capped windage, zero stops, medium price range. Here's what I came up with:

Sig Whiskey 5 3-15x52. It has all these features for $1,100
vx5hd 3-15x56. Also has all the features for $1,100
NF SHV 5-20x56. More power than I wanted but the less powerful SFP doesn't have zero stops.
Monarch 7 3-12x56. It has a zerostop, only if you use the XR ballistic turret (that's my understanding so far), little less power than I wanted and they are $1,000

All said and done, i'm leaning towards the VX5 because I wasn't that impressed with the glass of the sig and nf, not the turrets on the sig.
Under that criteria, don't forget the Vortex Viper HS LR...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/9...50mm-side-focus-first-focal-xlr-reticle-matte

The Leupold VX6hd 3-18x50 are very lite. less than 20 ounces,
Great glass
Best low profile hunting turret on the mkt.
great reticle choices.
illuminated.
internal level indicator.
Comes with aluminum scope caps and extended magnification ring.
30 MM not 34mm and will fit on medium rings.
Normal price at bigsupplyshops.com less than $1300. not $1699 like most places.
vx5hd 3x15x44 are no slouch either at $800 or so

just my 2cents

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.