Long Range Contender

Ray Prager

Howdy folks , Ray here ... I've been working on a couple of Long Range projects for awhile now .. to shoot past 1000 yds with a 22 caliber Contender ." The Block " is the result of the first attempt .. 16 pounds , 3 section aluminum , bolted together with a shotgun recoil reducer glued in place .The Block and Rest was built by C & J Machine , Palmer Ill . Burris 8x32 Black Diamond with 25 moa in the base . The 5.6x50R Imp by On Target Technologies will push a 80 gr Amax....enjoy
Ray

DadsPictures-FloridaShawnOwenKin-8.jpg

DadsPictures-FloridaShawnOwenKin-5.jpg

DadsPictures-FloridaShawnOwenKin-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it help my wife's morning pre-coffee disposition if I put a bunch of those smilies somewhere in the kitchen near the coffee maker? :)

WoW hunlee is very happy to see FART post picture of long ranger Contender.Hunlee been shooting with 7-30 water getting ready for long range shooting contest but after hunlee see this gun hunlee has second throught about going to Wyomging!!!!XP say he go to the shoot and XP tell Hunlee about fart shooting Contender at shoot!!!!Hunlee impressed!!!!You spose Hunlee evin need to show up to shoot????Hunlee was thinking he have a chance but hunlee now confused???All hunlee have is 3-12x power Burris,not big Burris x power...Maybe if hunlee go he still have picture taken with XP and FART???Hunlee Hope to atleast shoot a few bullit out there

hunlee

H,
Go to have fun.
Go to learn.
Go to meet people.
Go to better yourself.
Don't worry about what others have done or are capable of doing.
If you focus on what others can do you will not do your best.

The smiley faces fit Ray well. If he is not smiling, he is chuckling or laughing--A real joy to be with.
As I have said before, one of the goodwill ambassadors of LR shooting with specialty handguns.

come and shoot

Thanks Ernie ...

Hunlee ,
Don't be too impressed , I haven't even figured out if this thing will really shoot yet ...LOL . Its a Experiment .. Bring your guns , and shoot ... enjoy the trip , experience and People ...It will be a Great Time . All the folks that attended last year were very freindly and we all had a great time , I'm sure this year will be the same , with more people attending . All the different guns and chamberings are a plus in itself , they'll be lots to look at and shoot . Ernies guns alone could keep a guy busy for a week ...lol

Ray

Denver?

Hunlee ,
Are you in the Denver Area? I get the impression from earlier posts that you are ...
let me know ? Maybe we can get together and play some...
Ray

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.