"Long Range" 338 Federal with heavy bullets. What bullet?

Hehe, you know, long range hunting have different means depending on who you ask.. Som says hunting at 200y is long range, some says 400y is extreme and my opinion is that long range hunting starts from the 6-700 range and out... :D
So if you see it from the poor 338 Federal cartridge's prospective :
100y h*ll yeah, no problem!! :cool:
200y come on, we can do this! gun)
300y are you sure? It's kinda looong range for me.... I'm not a 338 magnum.. But.. Okay:D

I believe that, as a hunter, the most important thing when hunting is to know your limitations AND you need to know your rifle/ammo limits! :)

I know exactly what you mean but this site was founded by Mr. Len Backus for exactly that, long range hunting (and shooting) as appropriately named ...

When I posted in some general hunting forums about my long range successes in Wisconsin and out West my threads were inevitably hijacked by naysayers who wanted to debate the ethics of my shots. One day I'd had enough and I decided to start my own forum where long range hunting and shooting could be discussed without all the negative fuss - and in 2001 LRH was born!
I (like most of us here) also understand we have varying experiences and capabilities.

All is in good fun ... that's all. :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.