Federal Long Range Tipped Bullet?

antleredacres

I'm interested in anyones experience using this line of Federal bullets. They're offering a 155 grain 7mm that has my interest in particular. My question is how does this bullet rate as far as construction to the Nosler ABLR and the Hornady ELDX? Is it more stout or less stout? Thanks

It seems to be a very high B.C. Version of their trophy bonded tipped bullet, I have been running the 200 grain version in my 300 Win Mag and they are very accurate!

IMG_9137.JPG

Have the 200 gr and 175 gr 30 cal Federal TLR bullets coming, they are definitely tougher construction as the rear of the bullet is solid copper, pretty much a high bc Bear Claw bullet with a hollow tip

the 200 gr Federal TLR bullet has the same bc as the Berger 210 gr VLD Hunting at .625 g1

gonna be loading it up to 3300+ fps to see how accurate they are and how many water jugs they blow up at 50 yards, the Hornady ELD-X 212 gr and 220 gr failed miserably in my tests, the so-called "Inter-Lock" didn't do squat to hold the bullet together, the 190 gr and 210 gr Nosler ABLR held up better but not as accurate as the ELDX in my guns

the solid rear and the bonded front of the TLR bullet will offer much better game smashing performance up close, Federal claim the hollow tip and skived front help in improved expansion down to 1300 fps, that part we will have to find out for ourselves

Am I finally gonna have the one bullet to hunt with, near and far ?

Swamplord,
How has your accuracy been with these? And initial thoughts on load development as far as ease of tuning in your experience?

I might have to see if I can get some from work.... might be a good choice for my dakota with a 11 twist.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.