338 long range bullets

7mmboy

hello all,
was just wondering what 338cal projectiles are reccommended for long range purposes, i am down under.

cheers

I Have both the Sierra Matching 338 300 Grain and the new Berger Match Tactical Hybrid also in 300 grain in stock and I ship plenty to Australia. Both are fantastic bullets, you can't go wrong with either. I'm assuming you are shooting a Lapua Mag, Edge or something similar. Go big or go home :D

Shoot-Long.com

I have used 250 & 300 SMKs with several 338s. I shot some of the gen 1 300 grain burgers with good results as long as I did not push them too fast. That problem seems to fixed with the gen 2s. I just have not gotten around to ordering any yet. One of the guys on this site has been having great results with Cutting Edge bullets, both the 225s and 252s. I have some of both but have not had a chance to load any yet.

sorry, i am using a 338 RUM. im not sure bout weather to go smk's or berger path, may have to try both?tikka send me a pm about these bullets you stock?

regards

7mm, check out Shawn Carlock's new post over in "long range hunting and shooting". It sure look like the gen 2 300 grain Bergers are the real deal.

If you can get em' the 300 grain Bergers are the way to go. I use the SMK's out of my Rum simply because the Bergers are to hard to get up here (Canada). If you have the coin I would look hard into the cutting edge line of bullets in the 225 range as you can push them between 3200-3300 fps with a really good B.C.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.