Long action round in a short action

I don't know what I was thinking, but I was picturing some much chamber forward of the tenon/action that the Tenon would be compromised.

Sometimes, I don't think my brain is along for the ride.
I've been suffering from that lately too. I blame it on FB posts on buffalo attacks. I think they are rubbing off on me. ;)

There is or was a video of the guy from terminator brakes shooting a short remington action ( it would actually be a model7) chambered in 300ultra mag.
I think he got a side bolt stop install which make it safer and more convenient for extracting long live rounds rather than having the fingers close to the trigger on a conventional remington trigger with a bottom release .

The only thing I'd look into if running a Remington SA is a Wyatt's Baney box and maybe a 300 WSM/ 215 Berger or such. The magbox is something like 3.100".
The measurement of the mag box as you stated is 3.10 from front to rear and can accommodate a round of that dimension if it is CENTER feed. However, if it is STAGGER feed it will not because of the way the round sits in the mag. Meaning, the bullet tip will touch the rounded corner of the mag, which measured in a staggered line is less than 3.10. Just thought I would pass that on because that is what a ran into at one point.

The measurement of the mag box as you stated is 3.10 from front to rear and can accommodate a round of that dimension if it is CENTER feed. However, if it is STAGGER feed it will not because of the way the round sits in the mag. Meaning, the bullet tip will touch the rounded corner of the mag, which measured in a staggered line is less than 3.10. Just thought I would pass that on because that is what a ran into at one point.
Wyatt's has a video on the machining needed and bolt stop for the Baney box.

Had a xp 100 in 284 win. sent it to JD Jones (ssk hand cannons) , had them install a m16 extractor that I when I opened the bolt I could push down on the extractor and the loaded round would release for removal . Might be worth looking into.

He also makes a 3.235" mid length kit but it works only(for the most part) on 700's, not most clones.
I though so but couldn't find it yesterday. Thanks for confirming it. That one requires opening up the ejection port if I remember correctly.

He also makes a 3.235" mid length kit but it works only(for the most part) on 700's, not most clones.
I considered that for my short action since my buddy is going to work on it for free. But he already hates working on guns so I'm afraid to ask lol.

Amazingly, for decades Remington built 40X rifles in 300 Winchester Magnum, 7 mm Remington Magnum and other longer calibers, all short action, without issues. Don't over thing things that are not problems...

Good Luck

Amazingly, for decades Remington built 40X rifles in 300 Winchester Magnum, 7 mm Remington Magnum and other longer calibers, all short action, without issues. Don't over thing things that are not problems...

Good Luck
That all depends on if you don't mind single feed bolt actions. Or pulling your bolt out for a loaded round. For benchrest that's fine. For a hunting rifle that's a handicap.

Benchrest require absolutely flawless feed and ejection, your running so fast if a case hangs up or does not eject your group is screwed!!
For me if I screwed a group it would be no big deal. If I was hunting or otherwise it would be a different story.