Lilja 3 groove #1 contour 6.5 mm

This is from an email I got from Kirby (2016).

"Kirby Allen <[email protected]>
To:[email protected]
Aug 9, 2016 at 11:57 AM
We found that over time, the 3 groove barrels started to rip apart conventional lead core bullets. The reason we found was total bearing surface compression percentages. Basically, there was alot of the bearing surface of the bullet touching the bore and this weakened the core/jacket bond and bullets would often come apart in flight.
This was often the reason for these rifles being sold as owners thought the barrels were shot out. That is not entirely true. In my testing of these barrels when they were having issues with soft bullets, we tested hard bullets such as those from Barnes and the Nosler Accubonds and had great results for many hundred more rounds down the bore.
Now however, on these rifles, we use specific barrels that have less then 20% bearing surface compression on the bullets and have no issues. Using mainly Bartlein 5 R barrels now.
Just something to keep an eye on.
K
APS

Sent from my iPad"

Where do you shoot benchrest at ????? The only shooter I have ever shot with that used a 3 groove was Dan Dowling out of Grand Junction Co. and he shot a 3 groove Hart chambered in 22 Waldog.
I have never tried a Benchmark 3 groove but have owned enough other 3 grooves that I would never own another even if it was free
So we're not talking long range!?!?
We shoot out to 300 meters with 6 ppc , 600 with a 6 BR Norma (3 ) grove . I also use a 6 xc with a (5 r) Bartlin .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.