Lilja 3 groove #1 contour 6.5 mm

I personally love Dan Lilja's 3 groove barrels. I've used them on three different builds and they are accurate for sure as any I have. The real beauty I love about the three groove is the ease of maintenance and cleaning. I for one will alway go with a 3 groove if it is available on any builds I do in the future.

Where do you shoot benchrest at ????? The only shooter I have ever shot with that used a 3 groove was Dan Dowling out of Grand Junction Co. and he shot a 3 groove Hart chambered in 22 Waldog.
I have never tried a Benchmark 3 groove but have owned enough other 3 grooves that I would never own another even if it was free
I am using a 3 grove Benchmark in a 6 ppc with great results as are many of my fellow Benchrest shooters

The land to groove ratio becomes more important with three grooves, if it's not right for the bullet you'll have issues, I've seen some pac nor 6.5 barrels shoot top level, benchmark as well, Lilja shot great for a very short time then ate itself in 10% of the normal life and got to dangerous to use!

I've seen some pac nor 6.5 barrels shoot top level, benchmark as well, Lilja shot great for a very short time then ate itself in 10% of the normal life and got to dangerous to use!

Can you explain, what was happening inside the barrel to make it dangerous to shoot? Saying something is dangerous without further explanation doesn't help the argument.

Where do you shoot benchrest at ????? The only shooter I have ever shot with that used a 3 groove was Dan Dowling out of Grand Junction Co. and he shot a 3 groove Hart chambered in 22 Waldog.
I have never tried a Benchmark 3 groove but have owned enough other 3 grooves that I would never own another even if it was free
Hey Brian we are shooting on the west coast of Canada . Many shooters here use Benchmarks (3) grove . Look them up and I think you will see one of your top custom gun makers EOL rifles uses them almost exclusively on there custom rifles. Just thought I give you some more information before you start to hate them

Hey Brian we are shooting on the west coast of Canada . Many shooters here use Benchmarks (3) grove . Look them up and I think you will see one of your top custom gun makers EOL rifles uses them almost exclusively on there custom rifles. Just thought I give you some more information before you start to hate them

So how small have they shot?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.