Lightweight optic for new build

Been there and done that. I believe the best light weight scope out there today is the March Compact that meets your requirements except for price. Within your budget, I believe you have it covered with your list.
The problem with March scopes is the side parallax - it has almost no range between close and infinity, and side parallax focus is what I use to see mirage and judge wind. I would also add my March is not the brightest of scopes. But it is lightweight, and it does track, and it is has a small profile. But for LR, I use nothing but NF NXS or ATACR now, event though they are heavy (ATACR more so than the NXS).

Personally I have what I prefer. I won't be looking for a lightweight scope for a while. 19 oz is plenty light but I would like a bit more high end magnification for range work. Tough to find in a scope that light.

Shhhhhh, got 2 mounted and one in the shop just waiting! The only difference between the Tenmile and the Credo is dual illumination colors. The only difference between the HX and non HX is the exterior finish. The Credo at 599 is a steal!!!
Got one also in green, wow, definately the clearest scope I own. Not lightweight but the Tikka Superlite it's on is still a nice weight for a packing rifle.

Recent Posts