Lightweight day pack for horseback hunt

Kuiu has a divide1200 and 1500.loop on top 1-150z and 2-30z I have the stalker 500,basically bladder holder, but I run it to a tree stand elk hunting, minimal,headlamp,lazer,knife,just basics for a eve,

What does the outfitter provide? Most will have meat bags and everything to bring out the game. That is important because then you know what to bring. He may let you tie something behind the cantle. I am not fond of carrying things on the saddle horn as they rub/bounce against your leg.

What does the outfitter provide? Most will have meat bags and everything to bring out the game. That is important because then you know what to bring. He may let you tie something behind the cantle. I am not fond of carrying things on the saddle horn as they rub/bounce against your leg.
That's exactly my concern. Most of the gear is easy (rain gear, puffy jacket, game bags, etc). Any pack can do that. It's the trekking poles, tripod and spotting scope that I want to make sure are securely attached to the pack and not chafing either the horse or me.

I've done this hunt many times. Just my opinion but do yourself a favor. Buy your own saddlebag and horn bag. Cashel makes great bags for not that much money. I use a Sitka Apex pack 36 oz no frame has a waistband only thing it doesn't have is the handle on top which I put on myself works great. The saddlebag and horn bag weight will make no difference to the horse trust me. Makes a lot of gear accessible while you're riding naval should keep the hunting gear in the backpack. Good luck.
I concur