Lightest action?

Excellent post to consider from a member with real world experience. Thanks for sharing.
There are options available on those actions. You need to know the specifics before the information from that post has any value.

Titanium actions are overrated.
Talk about stirring the hornet's nest! :eek:
I've heard they're susceptible to galling. Weight reduction is the benefit. It would be nice to know more about any detrimental baggage associated with the titanium materials.

I like Ti actions, they are different and have strengths that you can use right to build excellent rifles on. Most guys who don't see the value need to just stick to Rem actions and XCalibure barrels cause they never will see the benefits.
There is a lot of BS out there on Ti actions!! I've not yet seen a galled Ti action yet I see galled stainless all the time.

Stainless galls easily. You have enough experience with titanium over time and feel good?
No functional negatives at all coming to mind?

Stainless galls easily. You have enough experience with titanium over time and feel good?
No functional negatives at all coming to mind?
Ti is just a different animal, it does stretch more than steel, Ti wants to be grabby on tooling and I'm very careful with threading but I don't ever put Ti on Ti in the action and always have the bolt coated and it provides excellent results.
I'd build a rifle for myself on a Ti action in a heart beat if I were building something that would be benefited by it.

There are options available on those actions. You need to know the specifics before the information from that post has any value.

Of course there are options. He said they are identical except for the actions, one is TI and the other CM. Is saving 4 ozs worth the price difference? It boils down to the end-user like rfurman24 did. He has them both makes and him a credible source of information he is sharing as supposed to speculation.

Titanium actions are overrated.

This is a dumb comment. It may be over rated for you. Or the fact you don't want to spend the money.
Ti is great stuff it's very hard to work thought. I used to work for a place that built high end ti parts for racing and they had a very hard time finding guys to machine it.
Now if you said it's not worth it to you that's fine but it's not overrated if it does what most are looking for cute weight. Which it does and my rifles work great so it's not overrated maybe just not worth it for you. It was for me for this one and only rifle not all of them

This is a dumb comment. It may be over rated for you. Or the fact you don't want to spend the money.
Ti is great stuff it's very hard to work thought. I used to work for a place that built high end ti parts for racing and they had a very hard time finding guys to machine it.
Now if you said it's not worth it to you that's fine but it's not overrated if it does what most are looking for cute weight. Which it does and my rifles work great so it's not overrated maybe just not worth it for you. It was for me for this one and only rifle not all of them

Calm down big fella.

Nothing wrong with someone wanting a titanium action. They are definitely cool and have a slight weight advantage over steel.

All good man just one of those days. Lol
Like I said they are not for everyone and whether They are worth it is up to the goals and wants of that person. I have one prob not another. Well maybe one more. Just because.

They are IDENTICAL except the Receiver. Is that better? They have the same every thing else including the bolt.

Last edited:
I have had two Ti actions and still have one. Both were Cerakoted but neither had any galling that some speak of. I will continue to monitor but if a lightweight build is in order than I would not steer away from Ti.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.