What's the lightest stock available?

Personally I have never purchased any aftermarket stocks other than boyds, and 1 hs precision. I like all of them. All my guns shoot sub moa after proper bedding, so other than just personal preference are the mcmillian or mci, manners, ect... worth the money?

Only if you want something lighter or maybe tougher than factory.

Not sure yet, it will be either a savage or remington action, he's looking at a bartlein or brux barrel, possibly a pac-nor. He wants a lightweight gun so probably a light sporter contour of some kind.

When I wanted to rebarrel my six lug Weatherby only Pac-Nor would make a barrel light enough to match the Factory contour.

+1 for the Manners EH1 as an option. All carbon and available with molded in color options. Without the adjustable cheek piece option, I believe it is in the 28 oz range. Not cheap but have had no issues with mine over the last couple years.

I'm not sure what MPI uses for their stock fill but 20 oz. is very light. I could not find any weights listed on their website. My EH3 came in around 26-28 oz. if I remember right and I have 3 HE and they are all 22-24 oz.

Mark Bansner at LAW also makes and sells light weight stocks that weigh in this neighborhood also.

Have you looked at magpul's new bolt action stock? I looked at one the other day at Sportsmans Warehouse and it was really nice for the price. Noth sure of the wieght but it was light.

Adjustable pull and Comb too. Less than $300. You'll need to have it bedded though as there is no aluminum chassis.

Bell and Carlson Alaskan II. I'm not sure of the weight exactly but it's pretty light. I love mine! Redhawk rifles has a lot of them in stock and they're priced lower than anywhere else I found on line. They also sell varmint and tactical models as well as lots of other brands, Mcmillian, HS Precision, XLR, Grayboe, etc... Here's the link: https://redhawkrifles.com/products/catalog/bell-and-carlson-stocks I would have rather had a McMillian or Manners but couldn't afford either of those. I ended up being more than happy with this stock, after bedding it it's rock solid. Not the best picture but you can at least get an idea. It's dark green with black webbing, they have other colors too. I hope this helps. Kevin

Attachments

• KJS_4397.jpg
    KJS_4397.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 98
The Alaskan is a good stock, not as light as the others but a good stock. The B&C Mountain Ti is a little lighter and has aluminum pillars only and is also a good stock. With any B&C stock check your inletting and screw holes first thing before you install the barreled action. They have QC issues at times and the inletting can be off centered and the screw hole spacing wrong. I had 2 that were this way and they fought me over having them replaced. One they replaced and the other they would not because they said I had already installed it and it showed wear. The only wear was where the action bound up when making up. B&C CS sucks so if there is a problem try to run the warranty through where you bought it from.

I'll look into the mag-pul and the b&c, the b&c looks nice, and I'll let him make a decision. Thanks guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.