Lightest action?

Just to be sure I weighed individual components(bottom metal, stock, trigger.) prior to putting together. Everything weighed the same as would be expected so without removing the action from the barrel to ensure the weight. I think it is safe to assume the real world diffence is 4oz.

That's better but I'm still wondering which bolt they have.
They both have the "lightweight bolt" its chrome moly. It is not really any better because I said identical the first time I just didn't yell it. Why does it matter which bolt it has? The real point is the only difference is the receiver material and the weight difference.

Just to be sure I weighed individual components(bottom metal, stock, trigger.) prior to putting together. Everything weighed the same as would be expected so without removing the action from the barrel to ensure the weight. I think it is safe to assume the real world diffence is 4oz.

Same chambering?

Yes. The bad thing is I did have the barrels off at one time. I thought I did weigh them again but I can not find the data.

Because you can't determine how much lighter the action with the Titanium bolt is unless you know which CM bolt you are comparing it to.
The bolts were inclusive in the identical. I also weighed them they weighed right at 10 or 11 oz for the bolt. My discussion never had anything to due with the titanium bolt. The entire point of my post was to tell anyone who cared the weight difference between two metals used in recievers. The titanium bolt is a completely different subject. Sorry for not pointing that out in the first post.

Quote: Who makes the lightest action? What does it weigh?

Pierce may be the lightest,
This quoted off their site.
("We are proud to introduce our latest achievement in the new standard of lightweight receivers. Weighing in at a astonishing 15.2 OZ for a short and 16 OZ for a long action ".)
These are full size actions. My long action weighed exactly 16oz. Great product from good people.

Last edited:
There will be another soon but the Pierce is decent, you have to really inspect them, cocking piece to action clearance and the straightness of the bolt.
What do you do if you get one with these issues? Do you send it back or repair it?

They both have the "lightweight bolt" its chrome moly. It is not really any better because I said identical the first time I just didn't yell it. Why does it matter which bolt it has? The real point is the only difference is the receiver material and the weight difference.

I wonder what was so difficult about the way you first posted it. "Identical" means identical; except for those who want to be difficult, of course.

What do you do if you get one with these issues? Do you send it back or repair it?
I have fired thosands of rounds thru them no problems. Before buying my first one I called and spoke with Jim, he stated John the owner shoot's competition. John has shot out many barrels useing the same action. A year and a half before they offered their TI bolt I tried to buy one. My gun smith told me it was in test. They said no, they needed months of testing. I am not trying to campaign for them, but time after time they have been nothing but excellent to work with. They make actions for Red Rock Precision and many others.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.