Lighter weight, faster 308 win load

Agreed. Maker is one of the top performing all copper bullets I've seen right now regarding overall terminal performance.
I have the 125 T-REX and 125 CBB just not a lot of time for testing. the T-REX looks will suited for mid-range in a 308, 100-300 low recoil and 300-500 with upper velocities

Awesome. How do those Barnes do on game? I have a killer 130gr 270wsm load dialed but haven't actually killed anything with it yet
They work great in Coues deer and Coyotes. That's all I've shot with them. At my velocity 550-600 would be max effective range for hunting. They are extremely accurate for me tested out to 600 yards. I also put a very light crimp on those loads using a Lee crimping die.

there is a lot of options for light copper mono bullets available from many different manufactures. the Maker and Cavityback have peaked my interest for lighter weight low recoil loads with Apex and Badlands filling the bill for longer range.
just pick a company that is supportive of all shooters no matter their choice and don't try to cancel people with different opinions
Well said Sir, esp. the last statement.

My only experience with monos is with .30 cal 180 grn TSX and TTSX on paper targets. They shoot .4'/200 yards. Never needed them for game. Never shot them on game.
That is why I am always excited to hear about all the options out there. Having grown up in a country with many monopolies, I am always excited to see new companies offering options to people. I love hearing personal experiences and I take notes for IF/When I will be needing/wanting the monos.

I didn't even know they existed. You're right, the prices are great. Might try some 125s in my suppressed 16-1/2 bolt and gas gun 308s.
I've reviewed their site on a few occasions and have found their offerings (many non-conventional) to be interesting. That's when I noticed their pricing. If you try some of their bullets, I'd be interested to know how you make out.

I didn't even know they existed. You're right, the prices are great. Might try some 125s in my suppressed 16-1/2 bolt and gas gun 308s.
You are correct, Sir; that's why I started the "lead-free bullet compilation" thread >>> https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/lead-free-bullet-compilation.290864/ to share information on options for people to choose from and make their choices/decisions as @can1010 eloquently noted. If you go through the list, Maker is one of them, along with the new site Sponsor from Apex Outdoors - @mcdil, who posted in #11.

Last edited:
You are correct, Sir; that's why I started the "lead-free bullet compilation" thread >>> https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/lead-free-bullet-compilation.290864/ to share information on options for people to choose from and make their choices/decisions as @can1010 eloquently noted. If you go through the list, Maker is one of them, along with the new site Sponsor from Apex Outdoors - @mcdil, who posted in #11.
I have some Apex, TTSX, and HH, this triple digit temps in CenTex just doesn't motivate me to head out to the range. Most likely hit the range with all 4 brands of monos on the same day when it cools down somewhat.

Good thing though, our stat house has AC, I can set up and load ammo in comfort. I just turn it off momentarily when dispensing, I don't have an isolation box for the Autotrickler V3 and fx120i.

For the long range hunting, once I get the loads, I can go to Temple Gun Club and record velocity at the bench from the LabRadar and the retained velocity at 500 yards as recorded with the Shotmarker.

I promised the Mark Dille I will get some numbers for him, been delinquent.

Bench velocity and 500 yard retained velocity might not be exact calculation of BC, but coupled with bullet drop data, all together should be good enough to swag the BC.

Besides the 137 HH for my 30-06, the monos are totally new to me. I was a Berger dealer for sometime when Walt and his son-in-law were running the place. I had plenty of Bergers left when I dropped the dealership. I used Bergers exclusively in competition, I know how they shoot. These monos would be a learning endeavor.

Last edited:
2975fps, half moa out to 350yrds, 151 absolute hammer bullet, 48 grains of alliant power pro varmint (70 degree weather), .050 jump, 20" savage tactical. I don't think there is a better combo for this rifle. Could not believe this achievement!

2975fps, half moa out to 350yrds, 151 absolute hammer bullet, 48 grains of alliant power pro varmint (70 degree weather), .050 jump, 20" savage tactical. I don't think there is a better combo for this rifle. Could not believe this achievement!
Sounds like a winning combination

I always tell people to feed their rifle what it likes, not what others feed theirs. Too many variables to have one size fits all.

Good job.