Lighter or Heavier bullet

A 210g Partition from my 338-06 will handle any Elk, but it has a limited range.
I have not shot anything with it beyond 500 metres. The longest shot I have taken is 470 metres ranged from above with a 250g Partition, the true range was something like 420 metres from memory.
This shot was on an Aussie Sambar stag, hit right at the top of the shoulder blade angling forward and down. The stag drooped at the hit, then turned and flat ran downhill out of view. Within 10 seconds I heard him crash and thrash around for another 5 seconds.
I followed his path and the amount of blood was spectacular, have actually only seen that sort of amount twice in my life.
Where he crashed and died almost gave me a heart attack…he was tangled in a fallen tree limb with the rear of his body and legs dangling over a small rock outcrop with a 20' drop underneath. 3 hours it took me to get him out of that predicament without losing him or myself over the edge.
The blood loss was from the aorta being hit.
Now, my point here is; would my 338-416 Rigby with a 285g ABLR @ 3100fps or my 338WM with a 225g Accubond @ 2900fps have killed that animal quicker?
The 338-06 with a 250g is only doing 2420fps in my rifle.
I have always wondered this, but have had numerous occasions where large deer run some ways even when hit with big bullets found fast.

Cheers.
I once shot a 5x6 bull elk with a big two blade broad head ( Thunderhead 150 ) and severed his aorta from his lungs- he ran less that 30 feet and his legs pulled up to his body like he had been brain shot and dropped right there. I was in a tree at short yardage and am sure the angle of the shot helped. Its all about placement and how quick their motor turns off. I have dropped them in their tracks with neck shots and frontal shots thru the skeleton.