Leupold VX6HD Scopes Vert MOA

CWM-RHG

Previously Chuck Moles
A bit of technical information about these scopes. They advertise 75moa of vertical adjustment and the scope has it but in reality the zero stop knob limits you to only 1.9 rotations of the elevation knob, only about 38moa of adjustment. If you have any need for more moa, you might want to consider a different model. Leupold needs to provide this info on their website.

Why would you make a post like this? Everyone knows that they have half of the 75 MOA from center. That is why we all use 20 MOA rails.
They need to tell you that. If you buy a Nightforce with NXS with 100MOA vert adjust, you can rail it up to use most or all of that adjustment. You can rail up the leupold all you want, but all you are going to get is 38moa. What makes you think that everyone knows that lttle tidbit about Leupold scopes?????

A bit of technical information about these scopes. They advertise 75moa of vertical adjustment and the scope has it but in reality the zero stop knob limits you to only 1.9 rotations of the elevation knob, only about 38moa of adjustment. If you have any need for more moa, you might want to consider a different model. Leupold needs to provide this info on their website.
Thank you ALF, no rocket science here....

They do include it - that is why they call it the ZL2 - 2 revolutions. I just bought a VX6HD directly from them and read about it on their website. They have a ZL3 on their new VX5HD 4-20x52 that allows 3 revolutions.

They need to advertise it properly and provide this information. If you bought this scope thinking you can shoot a mile with it, you're going to disappointed with it. Thats all this post is for.
This is on their website - you just need to do a little more research so you know what you are buying. I read all about it before I bought my 4-24x52. On my 6.5 PRC at my elevation 2 revolutions takes me out to about 1500 yards. More than enough for a hunting rifle. Plus the locking turrets are priceless when hunting - the cost for those is 2 revolutions, which I knew and was fine with. Like I said, if you want a target scope, the VX5HD 4-20x52 has the ZL3 turrets which should get you out to a mile.

3C49DE45-62D5-437F-90E7-F5EC1042A7EC.png

This is on their website - you just need to do a little more research so you know what you are buying. I read all about it before I bought my 4-24x52. On my 6.5 PRC at my elevation 2 revolutions takes me out to about 1500 yards. More than enough for a hunting rifle. Plus the locking turrets are priceless when hunting - the cost for those is 2 revolutions, which I knew and was fine with. Like I said, if you want a target scope, the VX5HD 4-20x52 has the ZL3 turrets which should get you out to a mile.

View attachment 166430
Yes, the 2 revolutions are on there. But as far as i can see, no where on the site does it say each revolution is 20moa. My ATACR is 30moa per rev, my NXS is 20moa per rev, Vortex PST is 12. And also, it also really doesnt give you 2 complete revs. I agree 38moa is more than plenty for a hunting rifle and will be an excellent hunting scope. The CDS-ZL2 description should say "providing almost two revolutions of the adjustment (38moa). This post is not a knock on their scope, this post is to help someone get the right product for what they want to do with it.

Yes, the 2 revolutions are on there. But as far as i can see, no where on the site does it say each revolution is 20moa. My ATACR is 30moa per rev, my NXS is 20moa per rev, Vortex PST is 12. And also, it also really doesnt give you 2 complete revs. I agree 38moa is more than plenty for a hunting rifle and will be an excellent hunting scope. The CDS-ZL2 description should say "providing almost two revolutions of the adjustment (38moa). This post is not a knock on their scope, this post is to help someone get the right product for what they want to do with it.
Thanks. Good info to now.

Yeah, sounds like that would have been a good question to ask before dropping $2k. I called Leupold and asked several questions about their warranty on electronic components of the scope, the turrets etc before I bought. I guess I went into it knowing exactly what I was buying so I have been extremely happy. List it for sale or trade on here, I am sure it will go fast. These scopes are amazing.

I won my vx6 and didn't know this until someone on here educated me. I was baffled by this but then thought well, it's a hunting scope, I don't care. But it s a good thing to know before hand that is for sure. I have 38 plus the reticle and that's enough. I might be able to shoot a mile with my PRC using both. I know I can dial 1500 for shooting targets. My limit is about 1000 maybe 1200 on a wolf in the right conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.