Leupold VX6HD Scopes Vert MOA

I've worked with 2 of the vx6s and both of them had tracking issues. Not relatability mind you but they didn't move in 1/4 moa. We had to make tape yardages on the turrets to get them right. Having Leupold copy the tape turrets for my customer.
Shep

They need to tell you that. If you buy a Nightforce with NXS with 100MOA vert adjust, you can rail it up to use most or all of that adjustment. You can rail up the leupold all you want, but all you are going to get is 38moa. What makes you think that everyone knows that lttle tidbit about Leupold scopes?????
My Leupold Mark V has three rotations(25+25+22MOA). My 22-250 rifle(1X8 twist), with my Leupold VX6, shooting a 75 gr bullet, goes subsonic around 32MOA of elevation. Simply put, 38 MOA is more than I need. Most manufacturers have a variety of different scopes; would it not be best to try and match one's scope to the specific ballistic capabilities of his or her chosen rifle??

Most manufacturers have a variety of different scopes; would it not be best to try and match one's scope to the specific ballistic capabilities of his or her chosen rifle??
I think the point of this was letting people know, any Leupold scope with a ZL2 designation is a 2 rev turret, minus 2 moa.
You have to dig to gather this info, not advertised, and you may not find this fact until after you own one. I myself had to phone a Leupold tech to answer the question.

I think the point of this was letting people know, any Leupold scope with a ZL2 designation is a 2 rev turret, minus 2 moa.
You have to dig to gather this info, not advertised, and you may not find this fact until after you own one. I myself had to phone a Leupold tech to answer the question.
Exactly my reason for the post. All turrets have different MOA per revs. Leupold makes great stuff and in no way is this meant to be negative towards their products. They should provide this information and it should be found easily so the average joe understands what he's getting.

Exactly my reason for the post. All turrets have different MOA per revs. Leupold makes great stuff and in no way is this meant to be negative towards their products. They should provide this information and it should be found easily so the average joe understands what he's getting.
Sorry! They do and it is easily found. Example, page seven 2018 Catalog, LEUPOLD DIAL GUIDE, describes all their dials(Hunting & Tactical). Simply, don't blame any manufacture, unnecessarily; because "average Joe" fails to investigate what he is buying. 70 + years ago, one bought a scope with crosshairs and variable magnifications. I agree with you; today, the rifle scope purchase has become far more complicated and manufactures need to do their part in helping "average Joe" make the right choice in purchasing one of their products.

Sorry! They do and it is easily found. Example, page seven 2018 Catalog, LEUPOLD DIAL GUIDE, describes all their dials(Hunting & Tactical). Simply, don't blame any manufacture, unnecessarily; because "average Joe" fails to investigate what he is buying. 70 + years ago, one bought a scope with crosshairs and variable magnifications. I agree with you; today, the rifle scope purchase has become far more complicated and manufactures need to do their part in helping "average Joe" make the right choice in purchasing one of their products.
Where does a guy get a 2018 catalog?
No one was blaming any manufacturer, it was just a heads up post.

You have to dig pretty deep into their website but it is there. Would be nice if this information is included in the description of the product tho...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.