LEUPOLD VX6HD FRUSTRATION!!!!

Is that good preventative medicine in general for Leupold scopes? Should I just get in that habit?

Now that this has been brought up...

I recall the old "How to Shoot Beyond Belief" video set from Best of The West (I think). The host spoke very specifically about doing just that with Leupold scopes. Seemed to work for them.

Then again, just don't buy a Leupold & you won't have to worry 🤣 (sorry, that was a cheap shot & I know it).

t

Now that this has been brought up...

I recall the old "How to Shoot Beyond Belief" video set from Best of The West (I think). The host spoke very specifically about doing just that with Leupold scopes. Seemed to work for them.

Then again, just don't buy a Leupold & you won't have to worry 🤣 (sorry, that was a cheap shot & I know it).

t
No cheap shot perceived. I've got way too many Leupolds on my rifles to go out and replace all of them.

If there is a way to mitigate the issue, I can train myself accordingly....up 2 clicks translates to up 6 clicks and down 4.

**Edit** Is this only for moving up, or would it be best practice for all 4 directions of adjustment?

Not trying to get any knickers in a bunch but there are some pretty stout and objective scope field evaluations here that uncover some generally terrible performance across many brands. The gentleman who runs the testing puts an ungodly number of rounds down range and isn't on any optic company's payroll. I find it nice to read some objective testing data not based on emotional attachment or "I've owned x scope for x years and it's fine"

Leupold mark 5 failed, Swaro fails, Zeiss fails, Tract Toric fails, Vortex 🤯. I have not read through all but the only scopes passing all tests I found are Nightforce, SWFA, and Schmidt & Bender.

The tests are pretty good entertainment if you have some time to kill:

You can add Trijicon to that list as well.

Update....

Just sighted 2 rifles in, both with leupi vx3i

Happy to report, Leupi 2 step still in operation.

Adjust,shoot, shoot again to verify where the scopes shifts and settles in, rinse and repeat until it's where you want it

One had a cds.

Both scopes shifted on the first shot after an adjustment.

Good news is, after that, solid..

Leupi 2 step.....

PS...scope with the cds has a b&c reticle, so it's a set and forget deal.

Dialing with the cds...nfw.

Recent Posts