Leupold vx6hd or huskmew optics

Elkdown13

I've got a new Christmas present the year and browning x bolt western hunter in a 26 nolser looking for a scope as I think I've narrowed it down to 2 scope vx6hd or huskmew optics what's your opinion using for long range hunting

I would go with the Leupold. It has a lower lowest setting and a higher highest setting on the magnification ring. It matches the Bushnell 6500 and Swarovski z5 in low light.

I have never used a Huskemaw, did look through a couple, and only recently got a Leopold ( a 4.5-14 vx3 Gray bull precision). I do like the the Leopold. I hand a buddy in Oregon who does lots of long range hunting with his other buddies, and they alp used Leopold and also Huskemaw. They have all (4 guys) switched back to Leopold and sold their Huskemaws. Says they all prefer to dial in MOA instead if the Huskemaw bdc.

I vote VX-6 I have three and love them. Have not handled a Huskmaw But have owned Swaro Z6, Steiner T5Xi,and Bushnell ERS. I personally like the Leupold glass best.

I vote VX-6 I have three and love them. Have not handled a Huskmaw But have owned Swaro Z6, Steiner T5Xi,and Bushnell ERS. I personally like the Leupold glass best.

When I compared my z5 5-25X52 with the VX-6 4-24X52 I noticed the colors are more vibrant in the VX-6. Did you get the same impression? Also, I noticed I could see the same detail on the optics chart with both on their maximum setting. To me that means the glass in the VX-6 has the edge. Both needed about 1/2X more magnification setting than the Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50 to see the same detail on the optics chart.

I'm planning on getting the new vx-6 when they come out later this month. The features look great and I have high hopes for the scope. 10oz lighter that the NXS

I have been very happy with my 3-18x50 VX6. I can only imagine how great the a scope will be with HD glass and the new impact-29 MOA reticle. I will likely be upgrading to this scope at some point in the future... so I highly recommend the VX6.

Another vote for the Huskemaw. Glass and turret accuracy comparable to the Nightforce NXS. if you don't like the BDC turret, just get the MOA turret, or even better, I use the Custom Turret Tape product with a combination scale of MOA and Yardage(good to 600 yards under any conditions) for $25. My Huskemaw's have proven to be rugged and reliable under rough conditions for several years. Great size and weight as well.

wildcatter I also think the colors pop better in the VX-6 VS the Z-6 and I feel it is just an easier scope to look thru. I think the generous eye relief is part of it .

The more I look at the features on the VX-6HD, the more I want one.

Upgrade to HD glass in a scope that already had great glass, locking turrets, great impact-29 MOA illuminated reticle and only about 21 ounces. For a hunting scope that is going to be pretty darn tough to beat.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.