Leupold VX6 ?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Bhobbs78, May 2, 2015.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Bhobbs78

Bhobbs78 Member

Hi guys!! First post here but have been reading for a few weeks. Ive been hunting for a few years now (18) for mostly whitetails around the midwest with Shotguns, Rifles & Muzzle loaders. So I've got a fairly good eye for glass and I'm heading out to Colorado this fall for the first time Elk hunting with hopefully many more trips to come. Anyway it was a good excuse to get a new rifle since I didn't "have one that would work"... Wife bought into that so ended up with a new Cooper M56 Classic in 300 Win Mag. on a deal I couldn't pass up. So now comes the fun part and I'm looking at the Leupold VX6 3-18x44 CSD. Thoughts? To much scope? I'm hoping to stay in the $700-1200 range. Its just going to be a hunting rifle with the occasional long poke at something 600+.

2. geo4061

geo4061 Well-Known Member

Too much scope. Never. I have a friend that loves his VX6.

3. The Oregonian

The Oregonian Well-Known Member

As long as you have low enough range then you aren't giving up anything to gain the ability to see at 600.

The classic whitetail scope is 3x9...you are just picking up some on the top end.

4. theo98

theo98 Well-Known Member

I have the 3-18x50mm VX-6...Love the scope for hunting. I'm sure the 44mm will fit your needs perfectly! They are lightweight, compact, 6X Power is great, optics are excellent and have special coatings to enhance hunting game for extreme low light performance. I've posted a review of my experiences HERE !

Hope this helps!

Ted

5. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

I have both the VX-6 and a z5. Everyone who has looked though both say the VX-6 is better.

6. snox801

snox801 Well-Known Member

Should be a great scope for yyour needs