Leupold VX6 reticle question?

dyllan78

I am about to order a 3x18x50, I like the fine duplex. I was also considering the illuminated firedot duplex. Do you all think the dot in the center of the firedot duplex is going to be to thick out to 800 yard? If it is then I'm going to stick to the fine duplex. Or are they pretty close?

Yes it will. I have the 2-12 and it's limits are apparent bench shooting at 100 yards.

Mine is on a .223 bolt gun intended for coyotes, and varmints to about 400 yards. I think it's great for that, but if you're used to, or like finer I don't. Think you'll be happy with it.

The extra 6x does offer a bit more target to reticle ratio, and perhaps that will be enough.

I am about to order a 3x18x50, I like the fine duplex. I was also considering the illuminated firedot duplex. Do you all think the dot in the center of the firedot duplex is going to be to thick out to 800 yard? If it is then I'm going to stick to the fine duplex. Or are they pretty close?

You might want to take a peak at the TMOA reticle, they just released in that scope for this years model.

You might want to take a peak at the TMOA reticle, they just released in that scope for this years model.

Thanks! I had not seen that one yet. I really like the TMR, maybe a change over at some point will be possible.

Had this been available I probably would have gone 3-18 just for the reticle.

Thanks! I had not seen that one yet. I really like the TMR, maybe a change over at some point will be possible.

Had this been available I probably would have gone 3-18 just for the reticle.

I think if you send in your scope Leupy can change to this reticle, my gunsmith is putting a VX6 3-18x44 on mine, and when I had him start building my rifle last year I was going to settle for the fine duplex, luckily, I went on Leupys website a couple weeks ago and saw the new reticle, gave my gunsmith a call and he hadnt ordered the scope yet so going to get the TMOA...

I ended up going with the Fine Duplex non illuminated. I looked at the TMOA but didn't like the little hole in the middle. If I start hearing good things about it i can always send it in.

I ended up going with the Fine Duplex non illuminated. I looked at the TMOA but didn't like the little hole in the middle. If I start hearing good things about it i can always send it in.
I have the TMOA on two and the Varmint Reticle on another and am very happy with both.

The fine duplex is just to hard to pick up sometimes especially in shadowy brush or low light.

I was also skeptical about the missing center on the TMOA but now that I am used to it I really like it there is nothing covering your point of aim and the (hole) so to speak is very small

I noticed the 6x24 TMOA 115009 is no longer listed. Anyone have any insight why. It looks like lots of new models and changes to the VX6 line.

I really want this scope and this reticle.

Thanks For Any advice.

jjw
ND

The new wind hold reticle looks like a winner, will be available in the vx3 and vx6 scopes. Looks like it will have 10 moa on each side with 1 moa spacing. I think I will get one in a 3.5-10 for my lightweight creedmoor.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.