Leupold VX6 Mechanical Reviews

youngtrout

Hello

I've been on the lookout for a lightweight hunting scope. Been using the nightforce NXS line for a few years.

I am a moa guy. From the tests on the mark 6 I would have already bought one if they had a moa ofering.

The VX6 seems like a good choice. Lightweight and with the TMOA it looks like a good option. But the mechanics description on the 2 seems different. Has anyone run this through one of the tracking tests? Not a firing box test. Even with a 1/2 moa rifle this is flawed. I'm talking about the rigid mount and a test target.

For me. I can live with okay glass, but mechanics is number 1. I've come to have great confidence in the NXS line. But I'm looking for a lightweight option. And nightforce is not that. Opinions?

I had a march 2.5-25. Guy posted requesting reviews below this post. For me I believe this scope is not a moa scope but an iphy. I started getting oddness past 600. That and a dark scope at 25 and a tough eyebox made me sell it. Wish I would have held onto it for more testing

But back to the vx6. What's the reviews on the mechanics ?? Specifically looking at the 3-18

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.