Leupold VX6 Owner ??'s

MarkA

Guys I'm looking at Leupolds VX6 3-18x44 CDS

What is the good, bad and ugly about this scope?? Any problems with them? Tracking? Repeatable? etc.

Solid, repeatable, and are lighter than some making it a great hunting scope. Glass is very good in low light, if that is what you are after go with the 50mm if you plan on using the 18x in low light. The only issue is the feel of the turrets which I'm sure you've heard about. They have kind of a mushy, soft feel instead of a "click" like most scopes. At first it bothered me but now I'm used to it, they aren't loose or sloppy by any means. I would say not as tight as a Nightforce or XTRII but a little tighter than a PST or Sightron, they just don't have a snap when you turn them. I'm thinking of getting a 3rd in the 2-12x or 3-18x.

When I compared my VX-6 4-24X52 with my Swarovski z5 5-25X52 the z5 needed 2 magnification settings higher for me to see the same detail with the VX-6. But the z5 matched it in low light. These are not up to Nightforce for daylight or low light performance by a couple magnification settings. By magnification settings I mean if the z5 needs 10X for me to see something the VX-6 needs 8X.

Also the color is more natural with the VX-6. I didn't notice the z5 color is not great until I compared it with the VX-6.

I have the exact scope but with external moa turrets, love everything about it, if I needed another the Shiptons big R store on the west end in Billings, MT. Has one on there shelf on sale for $899, I think it's a smokin deal!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts