Leupold VX6 ?

Bhobbs78

Hi guys!! First post here but have been reading for a few weeks. Ive been hunting for a few years now (18) for mostly whitetails around the midwest with Shotguns, Rifles & Muzzle loaders. So I've got a fairly good eye for glass and I'm heading out to Colorado this fall for the first time Elk hunting with hopefully many more trips to come. Anyway it was a good excuse to get a new rifle since I didn't "have one that would work"... Wife bought into that so ended up with a new Cooper M56 Classic in 300 Win Mag. on a deal I couldn't pass up. So now comes the fun part and I'm looking at the Leupold VX6 3-18x44 CSD. Thoughts? To much scope? I'm hoping to stay in the $700-1200 range. Its just going to be a hunting rifle with the occasional long poke at something 600+.

As long as you have low enough range then you aren't giving up anything to gain the ability to see at 600.

The classic whitetail scope is 3x9...you are just picking up some on the top end.

So now comes the fun part and I'm looking at the Leupold VX6 3-18x44 CSD. Thoughts? To much scope? I'm hoping to stay in the $700-1200 range. Its just going to be a hunting rifle with the occasional long poke at something 600+.

I have the 3-18x50mm VX-6...Love the scope for hunting. I'm sure the 44mm will fit your needs perfectly! They are lightweight, compact, 6X Power is great, optics are excellent and have special coatings to enhance hunting game for extreme low light performance. I've posted a review of my experiences HERE !

Hope this helps!

Ted

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.