Let's see your Varmint rifles !

I should leave politics and race discussions to another forums and stick hunting!

My .243 tikka do it rifle from rabbits to red deer.

IMG_3740_zps6f4f82e8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks a very nice bit of kit.

Very nice rifle. How many rounds did you get out of that 243AI before the barrel was toasted?

Hi, apologies, I missed this post.

I used 100 x Lapua brass which was reloaded 10 times, also 100 x Norma brass which was reloaded 8 or 9 times if I can recall!

The accuracy was still quite quite good but the round count was getting high so I thought I'd get it re-barrelled.
Also the 1:10 twist was restricting the bullet weights I could use. Now it's a 1:8 and I intend to use 105g A-Max's.

We'll see how it pans out!

Regards
Mr.Smith

Looks a very nice bit of kit.

Cheers.
Nothing fancy just a factory T3 Laminate. I did spend a couple of evenings playing with the stock and piller bedded it.
I do have an itch to tinker with things and keep thinking about rechambering it to an improved.
I have a really nice load sorted now with N160 and 95grn Nosler BT so I see no real gain in changing... yet :D

How does yours feed from the AIC mags Mr Smith and can you squeeze them in loaded with the A Max?

Cheers.
Nothing fancy just a factory T3 Laminate. I did spend a couple of evenings playing with the stock and piller bedded it.
I do have an itch to tinker with things and keep thinking about rechambering it to an improved.
I have a really nice load sorted now with N160 and 95grn Nosler BT so I see no real gain in changing... yet :D

How does yours feed from the AIC mags Mr Smith and can you squeeze them in loaded with the A Max?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it :D

Regarding the AICS mag, the 80gr Bergers fed just fine, I'm hoping the 105 A-max do too......................fingers crossed...lol

How is the availability of reloading supplies across the pond? Powder, Pills and Primers are tough to get your hands on, here in the States. I think I am on just about all of the "Alert me when available" lists I can find!! Sometimes you get an email notice, and by the time you log in, it's "sold out"!! Crazy times we are going through right now!!

How is the availability of reloading supplies across the pond? Powder, Pills and Primers are tough to get your hands on, here in the States. I think I am on just about all of the "Alert me when available" lists I can find!! Sometimes you get an email notice, and by the time you log in, it's "sold out"!! Crazy times we are going through right now!!

Crap!
I manage to get hold of 1000 cci primers last month and my local has just had a small delivery of Vit but stores are running low of just about everything.
Very little Hogden and Reloader and no Varget anywhere.
I am currently building a 7mm and can see load development being a case of using what's available not what's best.

My Savage switch barrel in 6mm AI. Shilen select match barrel in S7 contour finished @ 28" with a 1-8 twist. Topped with a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 scope in a SSS stock.

6mmai.JPG

My first ever double with my Rem 700 SPS in 22-250, factory rifle except the Boyd's stock. Topped with a Burris FFII 4.5-14x42 bal plex reticle shooting 50gr Bergers.

Double11.JPG

As you can see, I really like the blue/black laminate stocks!

My new rig!!! Just came out the smith´s shop.
Rem 700 .308 win

Attachments

• IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1652.jpg
    IMG_1652.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 93
Here are a couple of pics of my .22BR
Foxing_15th_June_2013_003.jpg

It started life as a 22-250 AI when i built it in 2007 but i got bored of my dallience with speed and hankered for more accuracy so towards the end of 2011 i decided to re-barrel in somethnig more accurate.
Foxing_15th_June_2013_007.jpg

Action is an early single shot Stiller Predator mated to a 24" HV contour PacNor supermatch barrel chambered .22BR Norma .253" Neck with threaded muzzle and invisible thread cap.
Trigger is a Rifle Basix item factory set at 12oz
This is all pillar bedded into a Mcmillan Winchester Marksman stock finished in olive drab Krylon.
Scope is a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 target dot mounted on a Third Eye Tactical Picatinney base with Burris Signature Zee rings.

Ian.

Recent Posts