let the hoarding begin

it never really has gotten back to normal here in Mississippi. 22LR is still as hard to find as hens teeth.

I've seen some RL19,22 and 25, some h4350 and some of the others. Retumbo, IMR7828 and H1000 are non existent.

Primers aren't really a problem.

I did stock up on AR lowers and a few thousand rounds of loaded ammo tho.

Don't ever let yourself be fooled into thinking "you" are OK. The BS has been going on for 8 years( or longer), and there is a good chance that it will be forever depending on what happens in the upcoming election. If you are not effected now, you will be. The shooting community has allowed themselves to be manipulated by the people that have the distinct goal of taking away your 2nd Amendment rights. You might be OK if you are over 50 or 55 years old. If you are younger, you and your offspring will NOT experience the shooting and hunting experience the older crowd has. The control of supply, and hoarding is the first step of a slow process to keep taking away your rights. I suspect that the real shortage in the shooting community is "strife". Hoarding gives a false sense of security and dulls the strife needed to fight for our rights. It also weakens participation in our sport. We are one of the largest single groups of people with a common interest in this country. We also have the most powerful lobby in Washington. We need to leverage this and vote the liberal morons out of office!
Sorry for the rant and negativity, but I think could be in trouble...especially if a liberal Supreme Court succeeds.
IMO.

Sorry for the rant and negativity, but I think could be in trouble...especially if a liberal Supreme Court succeeds.

No need to apologize for the truth negative or not. We better all be ranting a lot in the next few months.

Was listening to Lou Dobbs on Fox Business last night when he commented on the double digit lead Hillary has over Trump..."has the American electorate lost their minds"....the answer is yes. Hillary and the people she will appoint, including the Supreme Court justices, are extremely serious about the "One World Order" stuff. After four years of her you will not recognize America....believe it!

I have had a very nice Lilja tubed .260 sitting dormant for quite some time simply for the fact that I cannot get any H4350.

It is a sad state of affairs, as I am sure that there are guys sitting on 50#s of the stuff.

Try IMR4451, it's the same burn rate as H4350 and insensitive to temp extremes. We've had near identical performance when substituting for H4350 + - 2%. I've found it everywhere on the shelf, but it's a couple $ more per lb. Saw H4350 at a shop locally for $35 a lb.

Mackay Sagebrush,

I have had a very nice Lilja tubed .260 sitting dormant for quite some time simply for the fact that I cannot get any H4350.

It is a sad state of affairs, as I am sure that there are guys sitting on 50#s of the stuff.

Try IMR4451, it's the same burn rate as H4350 and insensitive to temp extremes. We've had near identical performance when substituting for H4350 + - 2%. I've found it everywhere on the shelf, but it's a couple $ more per lb.
I know it's hard to walk away from a system that you know works and works well but at times like this it's better to buckle up and learn how to use something a little less familiar.

This is probably the best path to follow right now. The last time I saw H-4350 was 2 years ago so I had to make some changes. IMR 4451 is a good choice but there are others.

In no particular order:

Accurate 4350

VVN-550

Ramshot Hunter (favorite, less expensive)

Norma URP (next favorite, can be pricey)

Norma N204

All of these are available at Powder Valley as of today. Yes I know you have to work up new loads but this can be for the best. Besides, it's an excuse to go shoot!

Regards.

210m primers are non existent here in ohio. varget is a dream,along with h4350. thank god i no longer use those powders

I picked up a 1000 210s and 1000 215s at Vances in Heath Ohio, I wouldn't see why the two Vances in Columbus wouldn't have some.. They have a pretty good stock of them in Heath.

Yep, the AR15's + 5.56x45 ammo are becoming the hot item here in N.E.PA.. Good thing some of our local gun shops stocked up.

I picked up a few blemished stripped lowers from PSA a while back. No plans for them. Only got them just in case. For like $75 a piece, thats cheap piece of mind as far as Im concerned.

I maybe got another 1 or 2 (or 10) AR mags too. 30 round capacity. And a few higher capacity just tohhave.

When you think about how many people in the USA own firearms and are involved in shooting sports and go hunting and when you think just how passionate we are about all of it, how in the world has our government made any headway with taking our rights away? It blows my mind.

If I buy anymore powder or primers my wife is going to get irate. (Im my opinion I dont think I have nearly as much as many on this forum). But I might have to take that chance of her being mad and get a bit more.

I got an E-Blast from a supplier yesterday morning early, 2:30AM, that they were having a sale on brass which included Remington and Winchester. I smiled knowing that they probably had some pistol brass and maybe some .223 Rem. or even some .308 Win. Boy was I surprised! They actually listed live inventory of cartridges I haven't seen in several years. I guess they got hammered the minute the store opened and they were already deluged with internet orders. Most of it sold out by afternoon. But it was a good sign that maybe Remington and Winchester haven't given up on the components market.

The prices though were nearly double what they were before those two companies stopped selling components in favor of ammunition.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.