Poll- Why are you hoarding ammo?

So, what are the real reasons for all the stockpiling?

• Take on Gub'ment

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Gives me sense of purpose

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Going to find me a bell tower

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The "O" word

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • Satisfies strange sexual urges

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • Kind of like the 401K I don't have, the price can only go up right?

Votes: 34 19.4%
  • Compensating for something

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 45 25.7%

• Total voters
The price of my prescription meds has gotten so high that I can't afford them anymore. Instead I drink about 8 bottles of Jolt a day and go around and buy AR uppers and lowers. I have about 40 or 50 of them and need a lot of powder and bullets. I did have a piece of paper bag with the calibers all written down on it so I could buy the right components but I can't remember where I put it so I just buy any components I can find. The reason I need all of the guns is that I am going to start working on inventing an anti aging elixirs. So with me being able to live four or five hundred years I will need lots of guns and ammo to last all that long. I have to stop typing now and go back to digging because I am going to have to add one whole underground room just to have enough Jolt and chewing tobacco. When I get tired of digging I also need to make more jerky. I have caught all of the possums and raccoons that come around and the neighbors are wondering where their dogs went off to. I got four drums of dried beans and 300 gallons of dehydrated water so I will have plenty of food once I get my jerky supply topped off.

So, what is the real reason for hoarding ammo?

Is this some sort of attempt at mocking everyone here on LRH? What is your point? Don't beat around the bush, get out with it. Let us know again, what you really think of us.

Maybe you shouldn't waist your time here. Wouldn't your time be better spent at the University Center with like minded individuals. You could compare your wool socks and Birkenstocks. Maybe plan something really important like a parade depicting the virtues of some sort of sexual deviancy. Or perhaps an organized demonstration of how much better off our Country would be if the Government would implement a eugenics policy.

Do us a favor and take your drivel else where.

Steve

You make the assumption that we are hoarding. There needs to be a choice for those of use that are not hoarding.
Besides, what is your definition of hoarding?

You make the assumption that we are hoarding. There needs to be a choice for those of use that are not hoarding.
Besides, what is your definition of hoarding?

+1, I selected other for that reason. I've always tried to keep a couple years of components, so I didn't need to run around like a chicken with my head cut off looking for components. That approach has certainly helped me over the last year or so.

Back when I was shooting 30-40k rounds/year, it seemed like I was constantly buying stuff.

AJ

BB

Be careful with the dehydrated water. I've seen reports of Dihydrogen monoxide poisoning associated with it's consumption.

Congratulations on the bunker expansion.

Southpaw

I been buying two boxes of green box Rem ammo every payday at ChinaMart for a lonnnng time now. Years maybe. So I guess ordering cases of ammo from Cabela's now is osrt of hoarding. Don't know why I do but it's gd fun.

so whats wrong with stocking up ? some people like myself grow big gardens and can or freeze to prepare for long winters. stocking up on hams ,smoked meat or anything you think you need. when you can see a threat on your GOD given rights to have the abillity to provide and protect i think hoarding/stocking up should be a #1 on your list. a man judges his worth by the size of his wood pile.

Last edited:
because reloading components here in the uk are very hard to come by as most of them are from the states,and for some reason our government makes it expensive/hard to import stuff which is compounded by your government making it hard to export stuff even though our brave men and women are dying along side yours in various trouble spots around the globe.

this poll is just plain stupid and not really funny which i think is shown by the response? But I strongly believe in freedom and if you want to post this poll then fine but i like a lot of others have voted by not voting , take the hint !

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.