Length of pull help

nooch2222

Looking for advice here. I have a custom 28 nosler that I purchased from a guy so NOT custom built for me. The length of pull is 13.5" which works for me when on a bench shooting, but prone with layers of clothes on in a hunting situation its a little difficult to get comfortable. I have a 13" LOP before clothing. The way I see it I have 3 options.

1. Have the stock cut and shortened if possible? It's a Manners stock by the way

2. Sell and buy another stock that fits me?

3. Or Sell the rifle?

Problem is I purchased the rifle with 300 rounds of custom ammo and the rifle is a tack driver. So not sure if messing with the stock will change the accuracy of the rifle. Thank you!

Looking for advice here. I have a custom 28 nosler that I purchased from a guy so NOT custom built for me. The length of pull is 13.5" which works for me when on a bench shooting, but prone with layers of clothes on in a hunting situation its a little difficult to get comfortable. I have a 13" LOP before clothing. The way I see it I have 3 options.

1. Have the stock cut and shortened if possible? It's a Manners stock by the way

2. Sell and buy another stock that fits me?

3. Or Sell the rifle?

Problem is I purchased the rifle with 300 rounds of custom ammo and the rifle is a tack driver. So not sure if messing with the stock will change the accuracy of the rifle. Thank you!
As you noted, shooting positions, clothing, and gear (wearing a backpack) will affect your LOP. It may or may not help your issue, but this is one of the base videos I have seen in determining LOP (standing). Then, adjust accordingly per shooting positions and other factors affecting it.

Decisions, decisions, decisions ...

This is an easy one:
1. Never sell a rifle that is a tack driver;
2. Buy a stock with an adjustable length of pull so that when you are prone it works and when are hunting it works. Boyds, and Magpul make economical stocks, other make more expensive adjustable stocks;
3. Read number one again... never sell an accurate rifle.

If you have so many accurate rifles that it is embarrassing you should just give one or two away.

As you noted, shooting positions, clothing, and gear (wearing a backpack) will affect your LOP. It may or may not help your issue, but this is one of the base videos I have seen in determining LOP (standing). Then, adjust accordingly per shooting positions and other factors affecting it.

Decisions, decisions, decisions ...

That does help thank you. I think i have a 12 3/4 LOP

This is an easy one:
1. Never sell a rifle that is a tack driver;
2. Buy a stock with an adjustable length of pull so that when you are prone it works and when are hunting it works. Boyds, and Magpul make economical stocks, other make more expensive adjustable stocks;
3. Read number one again... never sell an accurate rifle.

If you have so many accurate rifles that it is embarrassing you should just give one or two away.
Don't really want to sell but I don't want to mess with the accuracy of the rifle being that I have the 300 rounds of custom ammo.

How about a picture of the rifle/set-up? I am curious if you have wiggle room to move your optics towards you.
That might be the fix! I didn't even look at that. Looks like I can move the front scope ring back one more notch.

Pics!

Attachments

• 20231208_080019.jpg
    20231208_080019.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20231208_080036.jpg
    20231208_080036.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 41