Length of comments.

Wow....are we turning into snobs or critics here?????? For me I encourage everyone with a situation, issue, question or with some information to share a post on here. Now we are talking about brevity, spelling and grammar????? WTH is this about??? If I don't like what someone has posted, or I don't find it interesting I simply skip by it. After a while if the post gets to be something I am not interested in, I simply click on "ignore post" and I don't get notifications on that post anymore. Yup......and sometimes I'll have to read a post several times to get a handle on what the OP is attempting to put into words, but also will see that this person is struggling to put what they are asking into words. I'll notice that his person has trouble with grammar or spelling; however, it does not change the fact that this person is reaching out and seeking help!!! Not all of us have had the luxury or opportunity to have a college degree, or.......even a high school diploma. And now we are being critical because a fellow shooter/reloader/hunter is being too verbose, not spelling properly or using proper grammar???? Sorry folks but some of the replies on this post really seem to be judgemental and critical. I don't believe that this is what this forum and the people who are on this forum are about.

Oh I know we are on internet forums because we just don't have time... 😄
I go on this forum each morning while having my cup of coffee or max 2 to see the HIGHLIGHTS of the day. I found doing this I no longer need to read the comic sections of other publications. But BFD...that's 2 cups not Pots!😂

Last edited:
Wow! Some of the posts are way too wordy. Better to keep information sort and to the point.
Good Morning Kevin, I for one am one of the wordy ones, and I for one realize that not everyone is interested in the technical data and sharing of experience that goes on here. This is a forum for the discussion of long range shooting/hunting/rifles and reloading. Sometimes to fully explain what is going on requires more than a yes/no answer as well as the inclusion of technical data. If you look at a post and it seems too long or not interesting for you simply move on to something more to your liking or a topic that is of more interest to you. By the way, Welcome to Long Range Hunting. :)

Wow....are we turning into snobs or critics here?????? For me I encourage everyone with a situation, issue, question or with some information to share a post on here. Now we are talking about brevity, spelling and grammar????? WTH is this about??? If I don't like what someone has posted, or I don't find it interesting I simply skip by it. After a while if the post gets to be something I am not interested in, I simply click on "ignore post" and I don't get notifications on that post anymore. Yup......and sometimes I'll have to read a post several times to get a handle on what the OP is attempting to put into words, but also will see that this person is struggling to put what they are asking into words. I'll notice that his person has trouble with grammar or spelling; however, it does not change the fact that this person is reaching out and seeking help!!! Not all of us have had the luxury or opportunity to have a college degree, or.......even a high school diploma. And now we are being critical because a fellow shooter/reloader/hunter is being too verbose, not spelling properly or using proper grammar???? Sorry folks but some of the replies on this post really seem to be judgemental and critical. I don't believe that this is what this forum and the people who are on this forum are about.
Wheh, I'm gonna have to get to this later. 😄

Yes some writing are long, but sometime theirs a lot to say or put pen to paper. I have changed my reloading style do to that has been produced from LRH over the years. In having 6mm/280AI built, It was 6 months before starting to have the rifle built. Even then I change the reamer some at the last minutes. My Info on the built and equipment to support the rifle is now 33 pages long. I have always worked to do the best that I can do, and learn to do it better. You don't have to read what being placed here. I am now 73 and I am still learning. That won't stop until I pass on. So read and learn, or don't read.

Honestly I don't mind the 6.5 CM. I just chose a 260 Rem because if I needed to I could convert 308 win to 260 rem/ AI in a pinch. It can be annoying when some of the 6.5 CM "experts" become over zealous. But hey they probably read a convincing article or add. Depending on the topic a good story or lengthy description can be needed. Or a concise straight to the point statement suffices. The ignore button can be the easy button. You might miss out though. Some of the gems I have learned came from the illiterate/ uneducated.

Recent Posts