Leica Range 1000 or 1600B

Elkhunter1983

I bought a 1200 yard model in 2010 and it recently crapped out after many hunting trips and thousands of uses on the golf course. I sent it in hoping for repairs but they called an notified they were shipping a new one. I asked which model as they dont make a 1200 anymore and they said they werent sure. I will keep my fingers crossed for the 1600 but am expecting the 1000. Any one have the 1000 model and like it? Is 1000 it with it?

Yep Leica is a good honest outfit!

Let's consider:

The Leica 1600B & the Sig Kilo are neck and neck for as far as the Leica will reach which is plenty good for taking any game animal in typical hunting conditions.

It's beyond the reach of the Leica where the Kilo excells.

The Kilo's scan rate is a very big plus.

The Leica has better glass a more comfortable aiming reticle , barometric pressure display. The kilo doesn't.

The Leica shows look angle , the Kilo automatically displays the angle compensated range.

Lastly you could make the change and pay several more funds of golf. Thats pretty much what I did except for the golf part.

The Leica bests the Sig right now, you can some times get more range with the Sig but in hunting only one thing counts, accurate ranges every time and the Leica still holds that. However, Sig is aggressively attacking this market and I think you'll see them surpas everyone in the next year or so once they make some changes. If a guy has a Leica 1600 I'd hang onto it for a little longer.

I checkedout the sig when I was over in Bozeman a couple days ago and I felt like the glass had a greenish tint to it like car mirriors have to dim peoples headlights reflections. I did like the instant readouts though. I like the features of the 1600 so far but am wanting to do a little elr with my new build.

The Leica shows look angle , the Kilo automatically displays the angle compensated range.

True if you have the SIG in "AMR" (Angle Modified Range) mode. If you have the SIG in "LOS" (Line of Sight) mode the display will toggle between range and shot angle. Very handy for us that use ballistic apps.

Jeff

I have a 1600B of which the ballistics stick. The range finding is outstanding and it also gives me the angle. These two things are very important as I enter them into my Kestrel. Does the Sig give you the angle?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.