Leica 1600 VS Fusion 1600 side by side test

ShooterMedic

Today I was able to do some hands on side by side testing with the Fusion 1600 and My Leica 1600

Sorry I was not able to compare the balistics at this time

Time of day 1400, very bright not a cloud in the sky. Not the best conditions for longrange distance reading.

Place: Snake River Caynon, Jerome Idaho

Both units have a red letter display

The leica's was very clear and easy to read. Optics were just what you would expect from Leica

With the Fusion it was at times hard to see the display. We tried it on many different back grounds with out much change. We even changed the battery and it made no difference. As we moved into the shade the display did become easier to read. The Optics were also very good. There was a slight green tinge to them, but it was not distracting.

We Ranged targets at all distances

The Max distance Ranged was a larged shaded cave on far group of boulders.
the Leica ranged it at 1701 yds

The Fusion would not pick it up.
It's max was 1648 yds on a hill side.

The Leica was able to range car sized boulders out to 1450 yds. It was only able to pick it up about 1 out of 3 tries.

The Fusion was able to range the same rocks out to 1257 was the max distance.

We then moved to a herd of cows.

The Fusion was able to read both black and red cows out to around 700 yds. The longest read on the cows was 949 and that was a large red angus. It was only able to read it about 1 out of every 10 attempts.

The Leica was able to read then consistantly out to 1000
longest read was 1147. I was impressed.

I was able to do some playing with the leica at sunset

Longest reading was 2112 yds that was a large blue barn. It would read about 1 out of five. I was able to range cars out to 1580. Sorry no animal where around for me to range.

Neither LRF is compatiable with a tripod. How ever we did you a tripod to the best we could to get a steady a reading as we could.

Over all I was very pleased with both units. The Leica was
the over all better unit hands down.

The Fusion has great glass and worked quite well out to about 1000 yds.
The Fusion had a faster recovery time after ranging.

The leica has about a 1 second delay before you can range a new target.

I would like to try this again to see how close the balistics are on the units and for some more ranging under better conditions.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Good Job and great review.

I'm impressed with your findings 2112 YRDS WOW

I'm sold!

BigBuck

Thanks for the review good to hear.

I've been waiting for a side by side test with the leica 1600 and the swaro. I was ranging a 10 ft Di. juniper at 1965 yd about 1 out 5 trys on a cloudy day with the swaro, this doesn't always happen but sure is nice when it does.
Although my swaro does its job very well, I'm thinking about selling it, if there is a chance the leica will give more consistent readings at further ranges I would like to give it a try.

Does any one out there know if the beam divergence of the leica 1600 is the same as the 1200?

Thanks for the review good to hear.

Does any one out there know if the beam divergence of the leica 1600 is the same as the 1200?

I talked to a tech at Leica and the beam divergence is the same as the 1200, the Bushnell Fusion is 2x4 milrad which is the largest one I have found. I'll have to look up the Leica but there is nothing out there as tight till you get to the Vectronics, that blows them all out of the water.

ZSteinle Pm on the way.

Bigngreen thank you have been wondering that for a while

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.