bushnell Fusion 1600

This looks like a good product, although I have an awesome pair of swarovski El 10x42 bino's. I doubt the optics on the bushnell can hang with these. If I didn't have some great binos already I would probably get some. I think I am waiting for the new Leicas and then compare them to the swaro range finder.

Advisory! Fusion Operation Temps!

I recently purchased these binocs. The rangefinder works very well. With that being said they only work down to 23° F. I used them deer hunting in MN in mid November and when the temperature was below 20° the display would work, but the binocs would not range anything. I called Bushnell and was told that 23° was the bottom end of their operating spectrum. I also noticed on the Burris Eliminator Laserscope, as well as the Zeiss Victory RF Binocs that the operating temp goes down to 14° F. When hunting late season deer and coyotes through the winter this just don't cut it. Does anyone know what causes the rangefinders to quit reading at these cold temps? If the Burris scope worked to at least 0° F I would buy it in a heartbeat. But to spend the money on these items only to have them not operate when they are needed most is a disappointment. Hopefully they find a way around the cold temp issues in the near future. * Back to the Fusion 1600... The display has an adjustable brightness but on the highest setting it was almost impossible to see with snow on the ground on a sunny day. The optics do have a greenish tint that is kind of annoying, but they still seemed to work well in low light. The optics in these were no comparison to the Wind River Cascades I have that can be found for $250 these days. The convenience of the rangefinder/ binoc combo is great, but if you can save up a while longer and go for the Leica Geovids or Zeiss Victory RF. I will be returning my Fusions to do just that.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.