Left Handed Long Range Setup

Gun Library: Ruger M77 Mark II ~Stainless/Left Hand~ 7MM Rem. Mag. : Cabela's

rugers are also available from time to time in lh ss

The thing about the lh ss rifles is you need to be patient; I just picked up a lss 7rum last November. I had been waiting years for a good one to show up. Same thing with my 7stw; waited years for a lh 7stw m700. I was about to buy a sps and tear it down to build on when my rifle showed up. The other option is pay for a full custom....

I really like the A-bolt and X-bolt you posted links for. I have been reading some material about the browning accuracy, do you think I can achieve 600-800 yard accuracy with the browning's? Its hard to tell who is bashing browning because they don't own one and who truly think think there are some accuracy problems. My father has an old A-Bolt and I've seen him dust an antelope at 500 yds no problem. I just want to make sure the browning's are reliable out beyond 500.

Thanks

I really like the A-bolt and X-bolt you posted links for. I have been reading some material about the browning accuracy, do you think I can achieve 600-800 yard accuracy with the browning's? Its hard to tell who is bashing browning because they don't own one and who truly think think there are some accuracy problems. My father has an old A-Bolt and I've seen him dust an antelope at 500 yds no problem. I just want to make sure the browning's are reliable out beyond 500.

Thanks

You just answered your own question! Sometimes you just have to take the risk.lightbulb

I think we have provided you plenty of alternatives. You have the ultimate decision to make.:cool:

Blueman, I would suggest you try to find some ranges that rent rifles. See if they have rifles that you are interested in. You probably want find to many left handed rifles but you never know. I have been to a few ranges that will let you shoot used rifle that are for sale. Just a thought.

Rusty

Blueman, the nice thing about the rem 700 lh is if you get one that doesnt shoot as good as you want it too, you can tear it apart and have a solid action for a gunsmith to build on. Another thing that is great about the 700 is in 7mm Rem Mag they have room in the magazine to load the berger vld's out long and not have to single shot. I know from experience that you can't do that with a Tikka, don't know on the browning.

I am also a lefty and here is my advise. If you really want to buy a factory rifle you can upgrade, Rem 700 is by far your best option. There are way more parts to choose from for LH 700s. Before you buy, search online for stocks, triggers, or any other upgrades you may want to do. You won't find a whole lot of selection for LH Savage or Tikka, and you won't find much of anything for a LH Browning. The Stainless part is the hard part for the 700s. Stainless LH 700s are a rare find, and will only be found used.

I've built a couple customs off 700 rifles. The first was a 7mm rem. It started out as a bdl I got at a pawn shop. I started with a stock, then trigger, then got action trued and new match grade barrel. I find it easier to build a custom rifle this way as you get a little bit at a time as you can afford it.

Left here too

Life's too short to shoot factory tubes! I've had a few that really shoot but never owned one that cleaned well. And I've had factory tubes that couldn't shoot moa. I'd say 70/30. Never had a barrel from krieger Bartlien brux that didn't shoot moa and cleaned well too.

So my advice is the 700. I've bought doner rifles for 300-400. Barrel around 325. True and screw seems to be all over the map. Do some research here. Good smiths on here. So for around 1k you can have a rifle that shoots better than you can. Down the line you can upgrade trigger. Stock. Save a bit on the front end. Factory sticks seem to be 500-1000 anyway

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.