Lee collet dies for Ackleys

James Jones

Any of you guys ever use a standard Lee collet die for reloading an Ackley improved case

I'm looking to get some good accurate dies for a new 280Ackley I have coming soon.

JD,

I have been using the std. Lee collet dies for my 243 AI for over a year and there is nothing but good to say . Low tir and minimal prep and ....... groups that hover from the high ones to the low twos at 100 ( yards Roy , not feet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Jim B.

Jim , did you get Lee to make them for you or did you modify them i can't find any Ackley dies from Lee in the Collet series

My 25-06 die works pefect on my 25-06AI. I modified it slightly with a drill to not size quite as much neck and it now works on my 257Wby too.

[ QUOTE ]
Any of you guys ever use a standard Lee collet die for reloading an Ackley improved case

I'm looking to get some good accurate dies for a new 280Ackley I have coming soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

They work like a charm in my 223 AI

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.