Learn To Maximize Your 6.5 Creedmoor Potential

@orkan

I am in no way a supporter of the 2950 FPS creed loads and have never tried anything but H4350 in my creed. My question is, these guys that are pushing PRC speeds with RL26 speeds in the creed, are they ignoring typical pressure signs or do they just not show up? I know, as you mentioned, they have to be crazy high in PSI. At the pressures and velocities mentioned, wouldn't there have to be heavy swipe marks, heavy bolt lift, even blown primers? Or does the pressure curve of the RL26 hide that? I know as soon as i touch pressure with H4350, N565, varget, etc. i start seeing slight pressure signs that are easily identified.
Thats the problem with the normal pressure signs. Brass wont start showing issues until you are over 65k. Reading cratered primers without a bushed firing pin in some rifles is hard to do. With that being said we use those tools because thats all we have. Measuring case web expansion can be done with a micrometer( not a caliper). With all that being said I ran a ladder up to 48.5 grains which quick load predicted to be 3017 at 63091k and it was 3011 on my chrono. Most of the load data out there and ammo is running 58-60k with a saami 65 max. As opposed to a 270 winchester which is commonly loaded to 64k with a 65k max. I believe this is because the creed was initially an AR round. You see this with the 06 also because of the garand saami max is 60K. So the deal is you can run higher pressure than factory loads and data and still be under saami. Wether you choose to do so is a personal decision. Berger listed a 135 at 2977 with a 24". That would be 3027 with a 26". It is quickload data based.

In the example of the 6.5 Creedmoor 48gr RL26 Berger 140 there are some variables that bring the predictions back under SAAMI max. For example your OAL is set at 2.750 and could be moved out to the standard 2.825. Also your case volume capacity is listed slightly smaller at 52 gr compared to 52.5. Obviously that will vary based on the brass manufacturer (Hornady is above 53+). 1st pictures shows your values at overpressure and the 2nd picture shows what some consider normal values coming in under the Creedmoor SAAMI max of 62,000 PSI and CIP max of 63,091 PSI.

1671838693921.png

1671838769723.png

Last edited:
In the spirit of Christmas celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ…

I would hope we do more than just pray for Darryle. I would hope we wouldn't cast stones at @TAZMAN or any other member. No one deserves a public shaming. Pull down the video or at least remove his name.

Be humble. If you have more "round count" experience then no need to call someone with less experience names such as "Kyle". Mockery is never constructive. It stifles questions being asked for fear of being embarrassed then lessons to be learned are lost.

Realize that no one in this world is perfect. We all make mistakes which sometimes results in mis-information. No one is immune to this. Not me, not Orkan, not Tazman. How we react to it says a lot about who we are as individuals.

Be supportive, be helpful in teaching others. But more importantly be kind.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!

I'm totally happy, driving the 143 gr. ELD-X's into, 1/2 MOA groups at, 2,750 FPS with, 43 grains of, StaBall in my 6.5 Creed and,..
IF, I feel, the NEED to, "Maximize" it, I'll just grab, my .270 WSM going,.. 3,185 FPS w/ 140's
I don't feel, the need to, "Blow My Face off" so, I just, USE, the Right,.. "Tool for, the Job" .
At 75 y/o, and having MORE than, 60 years of, Reloading exper., I still have, ALL my Digits, both eyes and, I plan on, KEEPING them !

Last edited:
I must agree in many ways with Rijoh, the stereotyping of Creedmoor shooters, mocking others etc that goes in is getting out of hand on this forum. Be safe with how you load and understand that each rifle will have different limits with reloading configurations. Almost anytime someone makes a Creedmoor post it's to stir the pot and it's just silly to try to get ppl to be angry. I actually enjoy the OP but this is one time I will pass on his content.

Rijoh, I am now curious about your data above. It seems that software like this is a tool, but not an absolute. I appreciate the insight, otherwise I would have never known.

I didn't realize that by tweaking the OAL and case capacity would drastically affect pressure within the software.

I purchased QuickLoad and I am still learning about it. I generally stick with published data or load data from a trusted source.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Blessed and Prosperous New Year!

No one deserves a public shaming. Pull down the video or at least remove his name.

Be humble. If you have more "round count" experience then no need to call someone with less experience names such as "Kyle". Mockery is never constructive. It stifles questions being asked for fear of being embarrassed then lessons to be learned are lost.

Realize that no one in this world is perfect. We all make mistakes which sometimes results in mis-information. No one is immune to this. Not me, not Orkan, not Tazman. How we react to it says a lot about who we are as individuals.

Be supportive, be helpful in teaching others. But more importantly be kind.
No one deserves public shaming? They publicly shame themselves.

What you're talking about only applies in the real world with real people.

We aren't in the real world.

It's taken me over 20 years in this discipline to understand this. We're in make believe land, where anonymous personalities rule supreme. How many other people on this forum tie their real name and real life to their screen names? Other than me, what are there, 3% of users? Fewer? Likely very much fewer. It's always the most genuine users that are completely unafraid to have their real name, location, and life tied to their words here. They aren't afraid of their real experience level being known.

You think these are "people" that I'm arguing with here? Sorry, but they are not. They are personalities, skillfully crafted out of thin air by the people that hide behind them. They don't behave like real people standing in front of me in the world behave. These personalities will post things that are specifically designed to get a reaction out of someone. They'll post what appears to be out of anger, as they sit behind their keyboard and laugh. They are completely detached from their "personality" here and they absolutely love breaking all the laws of proper dialogue and manipulating people. They are mentally ill, and this is their entertainment.

This world, isn't like the real world. We're in the world where someone can have 10,000 rounds of purposeful precision rifle experience with a single specific cartridge, 30 bullets for it, 20 powders, 10 types of brass, 50 rifles/barrels, and be told "you're an idiot" by a guy that just started shooting precision rifles a few years ago and spends an extremely small amount of his time pursuing all of this. Every single time I've been led to a profound discovery that dramatically improves something in this discipline, these personalities have attacked. No human being that invests as much as I do into this discipline can endure it... that's why they have nearly all left public spaces of discussion entirely.

I will too, in time... as this is all getting very tiresome. I can share a technical work here that took hundreds of hours, tens of thousands of dollars, and much sacrifice... only to be belittled by a hoard of inexperienced personalities. Those of you that condemn my attempt at humorous mockery will see those relentless attacks over and over again, yet remain silent. Yet when I push back against that nonsense and try to bring reason to an issue which is plaguing the transfer of reliable load data, you speak out against me?

These inexperienced anonymous personalities are systematically running every single expert out of every single public space. Even this post will see me attacked. How dare I call attention to the fact that there are unbelievably inexperienced personalities both intentionally and unintentionally misleading people here every single day!

It is not Christ-like to see evil and say nothing against it.

Ephesians 5:11
Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

2 Timothy 4:2-4
Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

1 Timothy 5:20
As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

Ezekiel 3:18
If I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

Romans 16:18
For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

Until you walk a day in my shoes, and listen to the hurt angry voices on the other end of my phone as they tell their stories of blown extractors, etched bolt faces, scarred firing pin holes, injuries to their faces and hands... you don't get to decide whether I'm going to fight back against the inexperienced nonsense I read on here every single day. Every single one of them TO THE MAN complaining of the load advice they received on the internet. Many from this very forum.

Kyle is just getting warmed up. We haven't even begun to get into the most idiotic comments these personalities make here and elsewhere publicly. I didn't expect your support, or anyone else's. Everything I learn, each discovery I make, is a gift. My talents in this discipline, are not mine. Were it not for my obligation to God to use my gifts for the betterment of all, you would never see me here again. Yet I can fulfill that obligation elsewhere.

Maybe no one cares whether I'm here or not and maybe no one cares whether the public information in this discipline is worth anything, because most of the time that's how it feels. Point in fact, I'm done. Maybe I'll check back in 2024. After typing all this out... it has made me realize all I'm doing is talking to a wall. I can use my gifts in places they are welcome. Those that want my content, will know where to find it. Don't like the content? Unsubscribe. Don't patronize me by trying to tell me I shouldn't go, and don't PM me trying to encourage me to continue. If you cared, you'd have spoken up in public long ago. Many here will have something extra to celebrate. Consider it a Christmas present to my enemies. After all, we're to bless our enemies. :)

Merry Christmas! ✝️

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Orkin, Please stop breaking rules of this forum.

We go through this all the time with you. You are the victim always.
Maybe don't be so abrasive and be a little kinder no matter how good you and your equipment think you are.
Have a special Christmas this year.

Remember to like,share,and subscribe
#nomorenarcissists

Last edited:
No one deserves public shaming? They publicly shame themselves.

What you're talking about only applies in the real world with real people.

We aren't in the real world.

It's taken me over 20 years in this discipline to understand this. We're in make believe land, where anonymous personalities rule supreme. How many other people on this forum tie their real name and real life to their screen names? Other than me, what are there, 3% of users? Fewer? Likely very much fewer. It's always the most genuine users that are completely unafraid to have their real name, location, and life tied to their words here. They aren't afraid of their real experience level being known.

You think these are "people" that I'm arguing with here? Sorry, but they are not. They are personalities, skillfully crafted out of thin air by the people that hide behind them. They don't behave like real people standing in front of me in the world behave. These personalities will post things that are specifically designed to get a reaction out of someone. They'll post what appears to be out of anger, as they sit behind their keyboard and laugh. They are completely detached from their "personality" here and they absolutely love breaking all the laws of proper dialogue and manipulating people. They are mentally ill, and this is their entertainment.

This world, isn't like the real world. We're in the world where someone can have 10,000 rounds of purposeful precision rifle experience with a single specific cartridge, 30 bullets for it, 20 powders, 10 types of brass, 50 rifles/barrels, and be told "you're an idiot" by a guy that just started shooting precision rifles a few years ago and spends an extremely small amount of his time pursuing all of this. Every single time I've been led to a profound discovery that dramatically improves something in this discipline, these personalities have attacked. No human being that invests as much as I do into this discipline can endure it... that's why they have nearly all left public spaces of discussion entirely.

I will too, in time... as this is all getting very tiresome. I can share a technical work here that took hundreds of hours, tens of thousands of dollars, and much sacrifice... only to be belittled by a hoard of inexperienced personalities. Those of you that condemn my attempt at humorous mockery will see those relentless attacks over and over again, yet remain silent. Yet when I push back against that nonsense and try to bring reason to an issue which is plaguing the transfer of reliable load data, you speak out against me?

These inexperienced anonymous personalities are systematically running every single expert out of every single public space. Even this post will see me attacked. How dare I call attention to the fact that there are unbelievably inexperienced personalities both intentionally and unintentionally misleading people here every single day!

It is not Christ-like to see evil and say nothing against it.

Ephesians 5:11
Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

2 Timothy 4:2-4
Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

1 Timothy 5:20
As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

Ezekiel 3:18
If I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

Romans 16:18
For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

Until you walk a day in my shoes, and listen to the hurt angry voices on the other end of my phone as they tell their stories of blown extractors, etched bolt faces, scarred firing pin holes, injuries to their faces and hands... you don't get to decide whether I'm going to fight back against the inexperienced nonsense I read on here every single day. Every single one of them TO THE MAN complaining of the load advice they received on the internet. Many from this very forum.

Kyle is just getting warmed up. We haven't even begun to get into the most idiotic comments these personalities make here and elsewhere publicly. I didn't expect your support, or anyone else's. Everything I learn, each discovery I make, is a gift. My talents in this discipline, are not mine. Were it not for my obligation to God to use my gifts for the betterment of all, you would never see me here again. Yet I can fulfill that obligation elsewhere.

Maybe no one cares whether I'm here or not and maybe no one cares whether the public information in this discipline is worth anything, because most of the time that's how it feels. Point in fact, I'm done. Maybe I'll check back in 2024. After typing all this out... it has made me realize all I'm doing is talking to a wall. I can use my gifts in places they are welcome. Those that want my content, will know where to find it. Don't like the content? Unsubscribe. Don't patronize me by trying to tell me I shouldn't go, and don't PM me trying to encourage me to continue. If you cared, you'd have spoken up in public long ago. Many here will have something extra to celebrate. Consider it a Christmas present to my enemies. After all, we're to bless our enemies. :)

Merry Christmas! ✝️

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Now your worse than my mother! So you're an expert? Take the word "expert". ex-pert as in the dictionary. Take the real meaning. ex....something that used to be as in ex-military.

Note: any gramatic errors are intentional for you're purpose

There are reasons why no 1 should post data on many accounts and not just where a typo might come to play! I will give my mother 1 credit and that is "It's not what you say, but how you say it"! It was how you said it!

Orkan, thanks for the verses! Obviously, you are a Warrior!

Many of us appreciate your work and dedication to this sport!

I ignore idiots, and it does not take much to figure out they do not know JACK about what they are talking about. Why tell an idiot they are an idiot as they are only trying to impress other idiots?

Real-world idiots have to be idiots, let them run with it!

I had a friend that had to load HOT loads of HS6 in his Rem 870. I told him his loads were too hot, Well, he blew the bottom out of an 870 on a pigeon hunt, then wanted to use my Browning BPS which was my backup gun, and I told him NO. He then used is Rem 1100, and blew the bottom out of that run also, all within about 20 rounds. He blamed it on a hot lot of HS6! I let him use my BPS, and I made him surrender all of his shells and gave him my reloads. We had a great rest of the hunt, but he used up a whole box of Band-Aids on that three-day hunt!

Orkan, thanks for the verses! Obviously, you are a Warrior!

Many of us appreciate your work and dedication to this sport!

I ignore idiots, and it does not take much to figure out they do not know JACK about what they are talking about. Why tell an idiot they are an idiot as they are only trying to impress other idiots?

Real-world idiots have to be idiots, let them run with it!

I had a friend that had to load HOT loads of HS6 in his Rem 870. I told him his loads were too hot, Well, he blew the bottom out of an 870 on a pigeon hunt, then wanted to use my Browning BPS which was my backup gun, and I told him NO. He then used is Rem 1100, and blew the bottom out of that run also, all within about 20 rounds. He blamed it on a hot lot of HS6! I let him use my BPS, and I made him surrender all of his shells and gave him my reloads. We had a great rest of the hunt, but he used up a whole box of Band-Aids on that three-day hunt!
Exactly! Why would anyone let another person use their gun with another person's handloads! Safety thru development in THAT gun load was developed for. As far as the "real world idiots" go do you know my neighbor? His picture should be next to the definition!