.243 Potential

Dakota is my fourth to use our/her 6mm rem788. Her score so far is 2 for 3. First buck at about200 yards she missed (my fault, not enough practice on a tripod) next day she double-lunged a mulie at about 100 yard, reared up on its back legs and ran a 25 yard circle. Thanksgiving morning found a nice 4-point mulie at just past 300 yards...double-lung, ran about 30 yards and went down (dead but still moving) I have always believed in shooting until they stop moving (death as quick as possible). Two more rushed shots; one through the top of the lungs, one miss. Dang, I still need to mount those horns for her, BAD DADDY!!!

Hey Nyles,
Go to your photo host site. Click and open your pic. Below it it will show URLs for this photo.

Highlight the second one down and copy in onto the clipboard. <control-C>.

Then in your LRH post, click on the postage stamp Icon (it'll say Insert Image) when the cursor is over it. Paste <Cntrl-V) the Photo's URL into this drop down window. And your pic will appear.

Huntin' with dogs, eh? Well at least its only used for retrieveing 'em.:D

Roy, thats how that pic got moved from another post (and I was pressed for time)...that dog might retrieve a biscuit...but he's my boy! Ive found it easier to trail myself and alot of times it just takes to long to go home and get him....and I just wont leave him in the truck for 3 or 4 hours. Oh yall, I said 4 for 4 but she also has 2 clean misses, I almost cried on the second miss pretty good buck! Its good to miss a couple when your young, you learn that it dont feel good real quick!

The missing had something to do with the horrendous trigger on her compact Ruger....I replaced it with a rifle basix she has much better groups and no misses since!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts