latest florida hunt

Got some close friends up near you. Near Liberty, MI. Both retired Air force, he's Retired E-8, She's retired E7 and they left here about a year or so ago.

You must get a a lot of free time to go hunting. djones has them in his backyard so understand his hunting constantly, plus he just likes to hunt, Period!

Just no Hogs in Arizona. Javelina, but very restricted on what,where and when you can hunt them. Anyway have a great trip and post some pictures when you get back!

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Ya I wish I had them in the backyard. I'm stuck to hunting seasons here. I do take enough deer though. I'm fairly luck with time. My busiest season is when its to dam hot to hunt so it works out well. If I had pigs in my back yard I would be divorced quick lol.

Hey snox801,
Could you pass along any particulars on where you were hunting in Labelle, Fla.? That is close to Lake Okeechobee, North of it I know. Was it a guided hunt on a particular Ranch/area, or by a Guide service with access to different areas? I'd like to book a really good hog hunt with my daughter and maybe a friend or two. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

It was Hog Heaven hunt preserve. He has several different places to hunt. Yes they are guided hunts. They do hunts from stands over feeders, walk and stalk, and they will push them also. He has fenced in areas and free range. Sometimes the guides are really good other times not so much. They all will get you hogs some were good for the stand hunting while others were better for the drives and spot and stalk. The owners name is Bob a little hard to nail down at times as hes had some family issues as of the past year or so, but a fantastic place to go molly whop some pigs.

Last edited:
OK thanks! Sounds like I'll be checking them out for a hunt. I'm booked for a two day hog hunt in the Eustis area South of Ocala in mid April with a relative ( retired Lt. Col. with a few (7) tours as a S.F. Sniper worldwide among other neat stuff on his resume...) and his teenage son. They have hunted with this Guide Service before, and both got 300+ lb. trophies on the wall. I'm going for a couple smaller meat hogs on this trip, and taking a new .300 Weatherby on it's maiden-voyage hunt. I'll post some pics from it's first range trip this weekend, and from the hunt with results!
Thanks for the info! Lee

Ya let me know how it goes always looking for new places. I think you will enjoy the meat hunts more. I did two trophies and the hunt can be fun but also like the fact I can shoot two meats for a trophy

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.