latest florida hunt

snox801

So just returned from my latest adventure at hog heaven in labella Florida. This is my fifth year returning. This time we ended up with only 41 pigs. We were hoping for many more but ran out of pigs. That being said we had very large hogs. Very few were under 150lbs. So it was a trade off fewwer pigs but quality was excellent. So over all I had a great time and everyone in the groups already wants to return.
So down to the weapons. The first night I sat with my 6x45 bolt gun. After my blind mate missed 3 with his own 500 SW. I put down the three right in their tracks Very happy with the 95 gr sst.
The second sitting was with my 458 socom. Again took three with that farthest traveled pig was 15 yards. Then after letting my blind mate shoot one with his 357 mag I was able to drt one with my glock 45 acp. Both the 458 and 45 were using CEB raptors. All where fantastic kills. Then I took out the 338 lapua. To my surprise the pig taken with this ran the farthest although the one behind it never moved. The first one it hit made it 30 yards after being knocked down, the one behind it drt. The wound was amazing. Can't wait to head back. Even contemplating buying 100 acres and doing my own ranch. Love to guide and set things up right so my have a new business on Hand.

Hey snox, did you get any pictures? sounds like a blast, but would also like to see some pictures if you got them...Anyway, keep posting whether you have pictures or not! AND if you don't remember next time to take pictures!

Packrat

Yes I have pictures but will take me some time to get them on my surface. I gave my sim cards to my brother. We make a video every year so he is doing his thing right now. I did mostly all video with my roam. But my uncle got a few pics. I'll try and get some posted.

Geat!!!!...Nothing better than a picture of a dead hog or 41.....:D

We'll just wait.

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Nice hogs and thanks for posting the picture. You need to post em over on "In the ear?..Really " site to give djones some competition. he gets kind of out of control when nobody else posts pictures. Seems to think Jones County, Texas was named for him. Keep up this thread, but post over there too!

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Thanks heading south again next week gonna try out knob hill and SE if I can't put down some more piggie's and some exotics. Worst part o can't find anyone to go even though I'm covering all travel expenses. Dads retired but he is to busy not sure how that works but he hunts more than me so hes doing something right.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.