Florida, Georgia Hog Hunting?

vcinri

Can anyone recommend a reasonable outfitter in Fla. or GA that offers hog hunting?
Most of the group are seniors and would prefer an easy hunt from stands.

Thanks,
VC

Well good luck. I used to hunt Florida every year for hogs. Now it's so expensive it's not worth it. Used to pay $125 a hog 5 years ago. Not the want mid to high $200 a hog. I can no longer recommend the place I went sorry. Hope you find something and let us all know. I love Florida hog hunting.

Snox801,
Got it. Thank you.
The hunt prices and kill fees for hogs is really going up.
With Georgia having so many you would think it would be easier and less expensive.
We have a private ranch we hunt in Texas and have been going down for years.
There is only a certain time of the year they allow hog hunting so we are looking for a closer alternative.
Thanks,
VC

I'll follow along on this one, I'd love to go hog hunting. I'd be open to any state, but price would be a concern. I would also want to make shore I would not be wasting my money on a hunt that was cheap in all aspects. I'd be willing to do a do it your self hog hunt to if I could get good info.

Last edited:
Yep seems the more hogs they get the more they charge. Seems crazy it's such a issue but they want so much.
Heck last time I was down I went with the guide to buy hogs from a trapper for his place. He paid $35 a hog and then wanted $275 per hog after let go on his ranch. That would be ok other than I would bring all the bait and fill feeders and set stands a few days before everyone got down.
Oh well was fun while it lasted. Maybe once everyone has tried it and done it once the price will come down from less demand.

I went to south west Georgia and hunted with HogSwat. Not cheap and not from a stand. They used thermals to spot hogs from a 4x4 van and then did short stalks. My 11yr old son and I killed 12 in 2 nights.

You had much better luck that my friend who went with them. They drove around the first night saw nothing. Second night (of a 2 night hunt) they (3 hunters) saw 3 hogs and unloaded on them killing all three one large and two small. Apparently the guide spent most of the night texting with his girlfriend. My friend was NOT impressed with the operation.

I hunted a place called Hogs Wild last year, just south of Macon, Ga. WE got 5 hogs with 4 guys. We had bad weather for mid March there , 20 degree and we had to wait out an ice storm to get started. They had some young guys there that worked very hard to help us. Accommodations were rustic. Couldn't get back this year, but would go again.

It's crazy. I know people that get paid to go kill hogs on other people's property and I have heard of places that charge outrageous fees for people to come hunt their hogs. I think we have YouTube to thank for all the popularity.

If you don't know someone that has hogs that need killin' then you're SOL apparently. None of my three leases have any hogs any more due to the surrounding leases hunting hogs so hard than they keep the population decimated.

I think it's so popular due to no seasons (around here at least) and no bag limits. Couple that with it being legal to night hunt them and you have a very popular animal to hunt.

Coyotes are still plentiful around here and yet they're very heavily hunted but they're so dang smart and there's so much brush that it's almost impossible to get one unless you're either very good or very lucky. They'll circle downwind every time and never have to leave the brush.

Now if they'd only let us hunt our much overpopulated bears in Florida but the bunny huggers think they're cute... <sigh>