Looking for a Hog Hunt in south Georgia

giannid

Me and a few buddies are looking at going on a hog hunt late winter or early spring. One of the guys that's going has went before with one of the outfitters. We're looking for a less expensive option as we have our own equipment including thermals, four wheelers and a trailer that's a cooler on wheels to keep our game cold till we get home. Not looking to go for free but we also don't want to spend $500 a head per night to go hunt. We're just looking for some options.

Can't help with Georgia, but I know fort Meyers Florida at hog heaven is pay per pig. No hidden cost. I'm gonna be down two weeks. Prices really drop in Florida this time of year as all the winter get away hunters are done. On top of being cheaper they usually have lots more hogs this time o year as they are not getting hunted much.
Let me know if you find a good place in GA. I'm always looking for new places.

We're going to bringing back to eat so I've been told Georgia is the place to hunt. We've got some out of Florida and they weren't the best eating. You want the hogs that have been eating crops there whole life. They taste so much better :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.