looking for first hog hunt

hollywood88

Hey guys, me and my fiance have been thinking about going on a hog hunt this comming year but not sure where to go. I live in south western indiana so there is nothing here but my hunting partner went last year to TN and shot a nice boar but he paid an absolute arm and a leg. I know i am 5 hours on the nose from nashville(just got back from a job there) but dont know what would be the beat place ti go with a resonable drive. My fiance would be using a remington 700 in. 308 and if i ever get it finished i will be using a rebarreled mosin nagant scout setup for the closer shots so id like to be able to get her a nice distance shot and a place where i could maybe spot and stalk. She bird hunts and coyote hunts with me and her longest shot has been 260 and she is wanting to get a kill at 300 now

I would have to recommend hog heaven in labella Florida. Great place to hunt I go down there for a hunt every year from West Michigan. Very well priced and any size hog you want. Guys name is Bob and has a top notch place. The lodging is a little pricey so I would stay in a hotel in town.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.