Lapua grouping issues

bigloudvtwin

Soo, Using Peterson brass trimmed @ 2.718, Berger OTM Tactical 300 grainers over between 88.5 to 91.5 grains of H1000 loaded to 3.767 in a savage 111 LRH. Can't get my grouping down at between 100-200 yards.
Ive heard via one of these thread's that those big long bergers don't settle down til 300 yards or so.
Can't get consistent results under 2-3 Moa.
Any clues or thoughts?

Soo, Using Peterson brass trimmed @ 2.718, Berger OTM Tactical 300 grainers over between 88.5 to 91.5 grains of H1000 loaded to 3.767 in a savage 111 LRH. Can't get my grouping down at between 100-200 yards.
Ive heard via one of these thread's that those big long bergers don't settle down til 300 yards or so.
Can't get consistent results under 2-3 Moa.
Any clues or thoughts?
I couldn't get those to shoot in my savage until I jammed them.

I was wondering about that. They're pretty far from the lands right now. So if I do that I figured I can probably work up to a hotter load due to extra space in the case. I have another .085 to go before they touch the lands. Probably start next batch out at 91 grains and work up from there (carefully of course). Thanks
I couldn't get those to shoot in my savage until I jammed them.

I personally would start around 89 and work up. Just because, as you probably know, once you get less and less jump, pressure can spike quickly. And 91 grains of powder next your face is not a gamble you should take.
On a side note, I picked a random COAL for the 285 ELD, and it was shooting 1/2 Moa across several charge weights.

I personally would start around 89 and work up. Just because, as you probably know, once you get less and less jump, pressure can spike quickly. And 91 grains of powder next your face is not a gamble you should take.
On a side note, I picked a random COAL for the 285 ELD, and it was shooting 1/2 Moa across several charge weights.
You lucked out and saved a lot of powder/projectile $. Hopefully my next test will work out. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.