Ladder testing at 1k- Detailed article and video

Bob Wright

That is one of the best write ups I have seen for Ladder testing.

The problem I always have is keeping up with where each shot went. Glass good enough to spot a .204 hole at 4-500 yards is well out of my price range! It never occurred to me to color the bullets and use that as a way to keep track of which one went where. I think I will try that as well as set up a video camera next time to see what works best for me.

The wife will really like the idea of the video camera sitting downrange next to the target.:rolleyes:
I put my "go pro" behind an AR500 steel silhouette. Put it on a 60 second photo delay. I can record the order fired and tie it to the Labradar and powder charge.

Attachments

Bart B

I put my "go pro" behind an AR500 steel silhouette. Put it on a 60 second photo delay. I can record the order fired and tie it to the Labradar and powder charge.

Looks like you started with a clean barrel. First few shots from a clean one start 20 to 30 fps slower then settle about the average. "Season" the barrel with 2 or 3 rounds before testing them.

I suggest shooting at least 3 shots per test load. 5 is better. All shots after the first one of a given load don't go through its hole.

Meanwhile, very accurate stuff you've got.

Last edited:

Trending threads

Recent Posts