LabRadar new app upgrade just released

Anyone else with a Galaxy S21 unable to connect to their LabRadar? I'm at my winter home, without my LabRadar, or I'd try it now.
Thought I'd post an update as I contacted Labradar support about the app on my S21. Here's what they sent me:
1643902325499.png

Following their instructions the best I could allowed me to finally connect to the LR via the app at home. We'll see if it's consistently reliable at the range. A couple of points in my case:

1. My phone was already up to date.
2. I was not signed in to a Samsung account/Don't have one.
3. Bluetooth settings on my device changed in Dev mode:
a. AVRCP changed to 1.6
b. Couldn't find a "MAP" version, so AVRCP was only settings change
c. Performed the reset, this will erase known WIFI and bluetooth devices, you'll need to reset them up.
d. Rebooted the phone. Was able to connect after that.

Hopefully this fix is reliable and helps another frustrated Android user.

I'm running a Galaxy S20. I uninstalled the old app and loaded the new version. Upgraded LR firmware to 1.2.7. I fired everything up and the phone would not connect, but a simple restart solved it. No other issues so far.

Overall, in my experience with LR I've not had any of the problems that some users have been plagued with, but their app UI was definitely sketchy. I'm hoping the new version grows on me, but I'm sure I'll at least get the basic functionality I need.

Anything is better than setting up those stinking screens...

I'm running a Galaxy S20. I uninstalled the old app and loaded the new version. Upgraded LR firmware to 1.2.7. I fired everything up and the phone would not connect, but a simple restart solved it. No other issues so far.

Overall, in my experience with LR I've not had any of the problems that some users have been plagued with, but their app UI was definitely sketchy. I'm hoping the new version grows on me, but I'm sure I'll at least get the basic functionality I need.

Anything is better than setting up those stinking screens...
Glad you didn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops. I never could get the old app to work regardless of how many times I restarted, wiped my Wifi/BT settings etc. I did try a restart right away after the uninstall/new app install. Would have been nice if that worked, but at least they got back to me a few days after I emailed them with some additional things to try.

Thought I'd post an update as I contacted Labradar support about the app on my S21. Here's what they sent me:
View attachment 337637
Following their instructions the best I could allowed me to finally connect to the LR via the app at home. We'll see if it's consistently reliable at the range. A couple of points in my case:

1. My phone was already up to date.
2. I was not signed in to a Samsung account/Don't have one.
3. Bluetooth settings on my device changed in Dev mode:
a. AVRCP changed to 1.6
b. Couldn't find a "MAP" version, so AVRCP was only settings change
c. Performed the reset, this will erase known WIFI and bluetooth devices, you'll need to reset them up.
d. Rebooted the phone. Was able to connect after that.

Hopefully this fix is reliable and helps another frustrated Android user.
I have access to my LabRadar today so I updated the LabRadar Firmware and then tried to connect by bluetooth with my Samsung Galaxy S21 phone. I receive a "communication error" message. So no luck connecting with my Samsung S21. I really don't wanna mess with signing out of my Samsung account and wiping out all the Samsung related stuff currently on my phone. Same with erasing the known WiFi and bluetooth devices currently on my S21. Seems like a headache...

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 tablet to bluetooth communicate with my Labradar several years ago, and that's the bluetooth device I've been using with LabRadar. So I tried connecting to the Labradar with the Samsung tablet, and no problems. I plan to continue using the tablet for bluetooth communication with the LabRadar.

I have access to my LabRadar today so I updated the LabRadar Firmware and then tried to connect by bluetooth with my Samsung Galaxy S21 phone. I receive a "communication error" message. So no luck connecting with my Samsung S21. I really don't wanna mess with signing out of my Samsung account and wiping out all the Samsung related stuff currently on my phone. Same with erasing the known WiFi and bluetooth devices currently on my S21. Seems like a headache...

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 tablet to bluetooth communicate with my Labradar several years ago, and that's the bluetooth device I've been using with LabRadar. So I tried connecting to the Labradar with the Samsung tablet, and no problems. I plan to continue using the tablet for bluetooth communication with the LabRadar.
Yeah most of the time I use my IPad as it's easier to read. Now that we can input notes that will go faster as well.

Bummer. At least you have an option with the tablet. Did you just try perhaps changing the Bluetooth AVRP version and then restarting the phone? In my mind, that is the only real change I made.

I will also say that while the app seems to connect OK now, it's finicky and disconnected on me several times at the range last weekend. To reconnect, I had to completely close and re-open the app. I think it happened 3-4 times in 2hours. I'll take what I can get with this thing, but jeez..

Bummer. At least you have an option with the tablet. Did you just try perhaps changing the Bluetooth AVRP version and then restarting the phone? In my mind, that is the only real change I made.

I will also say that while the app seems to connect OK now, it's finicky and disconnected on me several times at the range last weekend. To reconnect, I had to completely close and re-open the app. I think it happened 3-4 times in 2hours. I'll take what I can get with this thing, but jeez..
No, I considered changing the Bluetooth AVRP version, but didn't. Primarily because my Samsung tablet has a larger screen, is easier to see in the field, and has always bluetooth connected reliably. I sorta cried uncle, and decided there was really nothing wrong with continuing to use the tablet, versus messing around with my S21.
The S21 is complicated enough as is for me, without me changing the existing settings. I use it every day and got skeered with respect to changing its settings. With me, I kinda know how to use it, but I certainly don't know its inner workings! 😉
🙃

I have had my LabRadar for about 18 months and was never able to connect to any device. This last week I updated the firmware and was able to connect to the IPhone, went to the range yesterday and it worked perfectly. If there was one thing that was a little frustrating, it is that if you are moving between two programs like 4DOF and LabRadar, you have to re-connect to the LR each time you come back to it. With that being said, the ability to operate the LR without having to Touch it, PRICELESS!!!

Not perfect still, but progress in the right direction anyway.

No, I considered changing the Bluetooth AVRP version, but didn't. Primarily because my Samsung tablet has a larger screen, is easier to see in the field, and has always bluetooth connected reliably. I sorta cried uncle, and decided there was really nothing wrong with continuing to use the tablet, versus messing around with my S21.
The S21 is complicated enough as is for me, without me changing the existing settings. I use it every day and got skeered with respect to changing its settings. With me, I kinda know how to use it, but I certainly don't know its inner workings! 😉
🙃
Don't be "SKEERED"…lol It was super easy and made a lot of thing much better. Didnt change anything in my system, everything is exactly the same except now you can do it from a phone and not have to touch the LR while you do all that fine work on the range…😏

I Did a quick lookup on YouTube walked me right thru it…

Don't be "SKEERED"…lol It was super easy and made a lot of thing much better. Didnt change anything in my system, everything is exactly the same except now you can do it from a phone and not have to touch the LR while you do all that fine work on the range…😏

I Did a quick lookup on YouTube walked me right thru it…
Haha...
Just to be clear, you changed the bluetooth version on your iPhone, and that enabled bluetooth connection? And prior to that change, you weren't able to bluetooth connect?

Haha...
Just to be clear, you changed the bluetooth version on your iPhone, and that enabled bluetooth connection? And prior to that change, you weren't able to bluetooth connect?
No …. Did nothing to the phone… I just took my SD card out of my LabRadar inserted it into my computer, copied the new firmware file and dropped it into the SD card, removed the card from the computer, inserted it back into the LR and turned the unit ON. Done nothing else was required.

Recent Posts