New iphone app

digger11

Which ballistic app for iPhone is everyone using now?I always use Shooter,,just
wondering if there are a bunch of better ones out now. TIA

I have used Shooter with good success for ELR with my Terrapin, but mostly load modeling, but I prefer my Ballistic RF's for LR hunting. I switched to AB about a couple of years ago when they had finally worked the bugs out of the iOS version. Out to 1300 yards, ballistic outputs are identical between the two. While I think neither is all that great in this respect, I prefer the screen and user interface of the AB.

Istrelok. Used both the free and the pro versions they're both pretty good. Usually get 1st round hits at 1k with it

I have Strelok, Applied Ballistics & Hornady 4DOF on my phone. They have all been within .1 mil (.3 MOA) of each other out to 2K yds with every combo I've tried. It really comes down to user interface.

Strelok is the most friendly when posing hypotheticals and running pure numbers with multiple cartridges or bullets. AB gets the nod for field use because the yardage and wind can be more easily changed on the same page.

Hornady 4DOF is also just as accurate, but it has the worst user interface of all the apps I have tried.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.