Shooter App for Iphone

So, are you saying that your cell phone has it's very own , internal weather station?

I think he's saying the app itself will run just fine with no cell service. But you would have to have service in order to get weather data unless you're loading it manually from a Kestrel.

I think he's saying the app itself will run just fine with no cell service. But you would have to have service in order to get weather data unless you're loading it manually from a Kestrel.

Also...the info you get fom your phone when you do have service may be comming from 20 miles away. You NEED a good weather station like the kestrol models.

Also...the info you get fom your phone when you do have service may be comming from 20 miles away. You NEED a good weather station like the kestrol models.

This is what I thought too. So in order to use your Kestrel right we set Alt to zero for the reference, and the Baro to 29.92 for the reference, and then use the Baro, temp, and RH that it gives us? Do I have this correct?

This is what I thought too. So in order to use your Kestrel right we set Alt to zero for the reference, and the Baro to 29.92 for the reference, and then use the Baro, temp, and RH that it gives us? Do I have this correct?

No...set your kestral to read station pressure, and click the "pressure is absolute" button on your shooter app so that there is a check mark in the box.

Now you don't have to worry about elevation imputs!!! You simply imput the baro (non-corrected) into your shooter app along with temp and you are GTG.

No...set your kestral to read station pressure, and click the "pressure is absolute" button on your shooter app so that there is a check mark in the box.

Now you don't have to worry about elevation imputs!!! You simply imput the baro (non-corrected) into your shooter app along with temp and you are GTG.

O ****. I thought that when you set the Elevation reference to 0 on the Baro setting and set the Baro reference to 29.92 on the elevation setting that this was setting it up to read station pressure. When I read the instruction for the Kestrel this is how they said to do it. I don't have a "Station Pressure" mode on my Kestrel. Well not one that I have found anyway.

If this is wrong please show me the promise lands.

O ****. I thought that when you set the Elevation reference to 0 on the Baro setting and set the Baro reference to 29.92 on the elevation setting that this was setting it up to read station pressure. When I read the instruction for the Kestrel this is how they said to do it. I don't have a "Station Pressure" mode on my Kestrel. Well not one that I have found anyway.

If this is wrong please show me the promise lands.

I guess you could be right on the kestral...it has been a couple of years since I switched it. But the number that the Kestral should be spitting out to you is UNCORRECTED, ACTUALL STATION PSI. There might be more than one way to get to that number on the Kestral. Maybe someone else can chime in and give you the proper instructions. I do know that it is well worth your time!!!

I guess you could be right on the kestral...it has been a couple of years since I switched it. But the number that the Kestral should be spitting out to you is UNCORRECTED, ACTUALL STATION PSI. There might be more than one way to get to that number on the Kestral. Maybe someone else can chime in and give you the proper instructions. I do know that it is well worth your time!!!

If no one does I will call Kestrel and ask one of there tec people.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts