Labradar LX - I guess they have an answer for the Garmin Zero. Maybe?

Not everyone is concerned with velocity down range but to each their own. If you've ever dealt with LR on questions, warranty or service you'll run - not walk - from ever having to deal with LR again when Garmin is the competitor of choice.
I talked with their tech dept a few months ago and the tech I talked with was helpful in dealing with the problem I was experiencing, wouldn't record measurement. Found it was the cord I was using from my external battery to the radar unit. The cord wasn't heavy enough to supply the power needed to run the radar. Changed cords and worked fine. Only experience I had with their customer service, but was very pleased with the young man's patience and help.

1. I see an aiming device on top. That's not a good sign.

2. I wonder if this is a working model or if they "threw" something together to announce since their sales are probably down 100%.

"Made in North America". What the heck does that mean??
The aiming device on top is probably necessary for down range velocity. I can plop my labradar down on a bench and get MV no problem, but if I want 100yd data it takes a little more finesse.

So far all I've seen is renderings. I doubt they have a functional version in the final form factor yet.
Looks like there's some real pics over on snipershide

There's a good chance they mean it'll be made in Mexico. They're a division of a Canadian company, but a lot of electronics manufacturing is done in Mexico.

Last edited:
Not everyone is concerned with velocity down range but to each their own. If you've ever dealt with LR on questions, warranty or service you'll run - not walk - from ever having to deal with LR again when Garmin is the competitor of choice.
I've had very good response from LR. And the problem ended up being user error.

It looks like the garmin would be easy enough to set up down range for a distant velocity since it works in what seem to be in a wide swathe

Thanks

Buck
Someone was gonna try that by putting the Garmin down range and shooting over it.......but havent heard that it worked.

I dont believe it will work , because
I think your firing point has to register 5 to 15 inches away from the Garmin. I believe it had an algorithm that rejects any object that did not originate within those limits Close to it. This is why it is so successful not erroneously picking up all the other shooters at the range.

But if someone makes it work and doesnt shoot their own Garmin to bits, Id like to hear about it.

View attachment 534464
Labradar LX

Labradar was the first to introduce Doppler Radar to the shooting sports at an affordable price. Continuing with its innovation we are proud to introduce a new model, Labradar LX. The LX is a compact Doppler Chronograph that contains the latest technology including:
  • Long lasting battery
  • Heavy duty metal case
  • Compact Design
  • Accuracy +/- 0.1%
  • Bluetooth enabled for App use
  • Weapon mountable
  • Velocity range of 65 - 5,000 fps
  • Ultra bright LCD display
  • Include tripod
  • Provides SD, ES, AVE, Min, Max, PF, Ke and one downrange velocity,
  • MADE IN NORTH AMERICA

Price: $599.95
GARMIN XERO FOR SALE $275 WITH CASE AND PLASTIC TRIPOD!

GARMIN XERO FOR SALE $275 WITH CASE AND PLASTIC TRIPOD!
Just a JOKE! that I put for sale ^^^^

Try finding anything on the Labradar LX from "Labradar" or on the internet except from Snipers Hide or LRH Forums.
Labradar does not list it as a new product and no News Releases for a new Product.

If Labradar does come out with this LX, I can see the Garmin Xero crowd selling theirs fast at 1/2 the cost just like the LR units went for when the XERO came out.
Stay TUNED and hold your hats!

Just a JOKE! that I put for sale ^^^^

Try finding anything on the Labradar LX from "Labradar" or on the internet except from Snipers Hide or LRH Forums.
Labradar does not list it as a new product and no News Releases for a new Product.

If Labradar does come out with this LX, I can see the Garmin Xero crowd selling theirs fast at 1/2 the cost just like the LR units went for when the XERO came out.
Stay TUNED and hold your hats!
I don't think so. I think LR had their chance. They didn't make an update for a decade. Now they're scrambling. I don't see much brand loyalty.

I don't think so. I think LR had their chance. They didn't make an update for a decade. Now they're scrambling. I don't see much brand loyalty.
You will be surprised what shooters will do to get the "New Shinny Thing". Look at what happened when the Xero came out.
We still have our LR that works just fine and no issues. We also purchased a Xero because BassPro had a special for $500.
Heck we had a CDE2 for many years even after we got the LR. It was and still is a great chronograph! We Gifted it to a LRH member when we got the Xero. Didn't need three chronos.
One thing I will say about LR is that their customer service if the BEST. I had an issue when i started shooting suppressed and the CS rep from LR gave me his personal cell and told me to call him when I was at the range shooting and having any issues. I did call while i was shooting suppressed, he answered and walked me through the setup. It was a USER ERRO -ME. our two LRs have worked perfect since then.
We can still probably make money or break even selling the Xero unless LR puts this unconfirmed LX on the market. Then I can see the Xeros up for sale. Might want to start selling your Xero now to get the best price before the market drops.

Last edited: