Lab Radar - Failure to arm w/ resolution

HighDesertHunter

Recently, my Lab Radar would not arm. Every time I would try to arm, it would reset the system. I tried several different things to no avail. My setup was using the internal memory(no SD card), an external battery pack with a cable for power, and using the internal trigger.

When I called Lab Radar, the gentleman who answered the phone was also the one to help me with trouble shooting (I wish I remembered his name). After we discussed how I was using it he quickly recommended several tests to determine if there was an issue with my setup or the Lab Radar unit itself.

His first guess (which turned out to be correct) was that there was a problem with my cable connecting the battery to the unit. I had tried several different power supplies and had the same result. With AA batteries installed in the unit works fine.

So this post is to #1 thank Lab Radar for the good support, and #2 let anyone else out there looking for ideas if they run into a similar problem.

The other things he said they have seen are external battery packs that put out more than 5v damaging the unit. Luckily that wasn't the case for me but something they have seen. So if you are using an external battery pack make sure it is a 5v only pack and not one of the variable output voltage types.